Job Title: Operations Officer
Organization: United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Reports to: Head of the Office
Job Grade: NOB
Job No: 499913
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is mandated by the UN general assembly to advocate for the protection of children’s rights, to help meet their basic needs and expand their opportunities to reach their full potential. Together with our partners, we work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere.
Job Summary: The Operations Officer will assist the Head of the Office in the management of operational functions for a small country or sub-office, Accountable for management of cost-effective, efficient and secure operations, in support of management, administration and implementation of the country programmes, consistent with operations of all other country offices in the Region, in strict compliance with the rules and regulations and in accordance with strategy, plans and decisions made by Regional Management Team and Country Programme Management Teams. Collaborate with all other UN agencies to accelerate implementation of the Harmonized Business practices in line within Reform/coherence
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Operations of financial, budget, information & communication technology, supply & logistics, human resource and administrative management strengthened and maintained for Country Office.
· Accurate and consistent interpretation and application of operations policy and procedures implemented to support operations at the country and sub-country levels.
· Take fiduciary responsibility for funds and assets effectively secured and timely executed for optimum utilization by taking appropriate decision on all operational and financial transactions, disbursement of funds, and administrative arrangements.
· Provide effective technical input provided in strategic planning and policy recommendations in the area of operations, taking initiative in improving and implementing operations management systems.
· Provide basic office services effectively provided to enhance staff safety and productivity.
· Operations components of the CPMP and annual work plan of the office timely prepared, as well as all operational reporting requirements fully met for the office.
· Ensure compliance with all operational systems and procedures effectively monitored and corrective measures taken as appropriate to ensure integrity in all financial and other administrative operations of the office.
· Staff learning/development for effective operations performance programme developed, implemented and enhanced for capacity building. All implementing partners' accountability ensured regarding supply and financial assistance
· Effective coordination, communication, collaboration established and maintained with internal and external partners for efficient operations, advisory function, vision and leadership, policy coordination, consultative and participatory management process, external representation as well as security and emergency operations. UNDG policies and processes for harmonized business practices including on joint offices, commons premises and common services are effectively implemented
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the United Nations UNICEF Operations Officer career placement should a University degree in accounting, business administration, economics or financial management and membership - or enrolled for membership - of recognized professional accountancy body
· At least two years of relevant professional work experience.
· Both national and International work experience in office management, finance, accounting, ICT, human resources, supply and administration and/or other related fields.
· Work experience in emergency duty station.
· Core Values: Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity
· Core Competencies: Communication, Drive for Results, Working with People
· Functional Competencies: Analyzing (I), Applying Technical Expertise (II), Following Instructions and Procedures (II)
Planning and Organizing (II)
NB: UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. UNICEF is a smoke free environment.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the United Nations UNICEF in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to visit the link below to Apply.
Deadline: 15th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline