Job Title: Project Support Officer
Organization: Malaria Consortium
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
Salary: USD 10,270 per annum
About Malaria Consortium:
Malaria Consortium is the world’s leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the comprehensive control of malaria and other communicable diseases in Africa and Southeast Asia. Malaria Consortium works with communities, government and non-government agencies, academic institutions, and local and international organisations, to ensure good evidence supports delivery of effective services, providing technical support for monitoring and evaluation of programmes and activities for evidence-based decision-making and strategic planning. Malaria Consortium works to improve not only the health of the individual, but also the capacity of national health systems, which helps relieve poverty and support improved economic prosperity.
About LLIN Project:
Malaria Consortium is the lead agency supporting the Ministry of Health to distribute 24 million LLINs through the Universal LLINs distribution campaign in all districts in Uganda. The campaign will be funded jointly by government of Uganda and Partners including The Global Fund, DFID, USAID/PMI and Against Malaria Foundation. The LLINs distribution will be implemented starting in November 2016 for approximately 10 months.
Job Summary: The Project Support Officer will be responsible for providing comprehensive project management support services of project activities. The incumbent will be responsible for providing comprehensive project management support services to the net distribution projects, play an active role as a team member of the project team and provide project administrative, management and technical expertise in the implementation and monitoring of the project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensure administrative and logistic support to project and office staff 50%
· Work closely with the project team , provide administrative and logistical support related to the delivery and distribution of LLINs.
· Ensure appropriate inventory tracking and management systems.
· Manage the logistics of all project activities including trainings, workshops, travel, mobilization campaigns, coordination meetings, community visits in close coordination with the LAD section
· Coordinate project related travel activities for the project team and activity participants.
· Implement net distribution in line with malaria Consortium, Ministry of health and Donor LLIN distribution model.
· Offer technical support to the project manager and field project officers in the implementation of project activities as required by project teams.
· Conduct support supervision activities to ensure timely and appropriate activity implementation.
· Oversee management of consultant inputs as required.
· Scheduling & hiring transport, and hotel booking for the staff and visitors
· Logistic support for trainings and meetings eg printing & photocopying of training materials, workshop venue booking
Maintaining documents and Monitoring (30%)
· Maintain the project related files at the Head office as per project filing system and support regional administrators in filling project files.
· Offer support to the project manager in the monitoring and evaluation of project activities as required by project teams.
· Track project deliverables and reporting timelines and work with the project team to ensure timely completion and dissemination.
· Ensure overall project compliance with donor and MC regulations in the implementation and monitoring of project activities.
· Assist with compilation of compilation of project data, analysis of the data and reporting
Provide communication support to the relevant staff on time 10%
· Maintain good and effective communication and relationships with field staff and districts
· Maintaining effective communication with all field offices to ensure timely supports for project activities
Arrangement of the procurement and vehicles management 10%
· Prepare and submit PRFs and subsequently follow up for procurement and ensure timely receiving of goods as per requirement of the field offices and ensure adequate supplies of stationery and project materials
· The jobholder will coordinate procurement and supply of quality project items as requested by the technical teams.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Malaria Consortium Project Support Officer job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in management, administration, development studies, or social sciences.
· One year of experience in the field of project management or field work or similar role
· Excellent analytical skills
· Good excel and other software skills
· Excellent managerial and organizational skills and abilities
· Ability to effectively manage time and being proactive
· Skilled in use of computer software especially excel
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Keen attention to detail
Delivering Results: Focuses on delivering contribution to Malaria Consortium and achieving own objectives
· Puts in effort required to ensure the delivery of own work and objectives to meet (and exceed) expectations
· Strong self management of time and effort
· Checks own work to ensure quality
Analysis and use of information: Gathers information and identifies problems effectively
· Interprets basic written information
· Keen attention to detail
· Follows guidelines to identify issues
· Recognises problems within their remit
· Uses appropriate methods for gathering and summarising data
Interpersonal and Communications: Listens and clearly presents information
· Actively listens and pays attention
· Presents information and facts in a logical way
· Shares information willingly and on a timely basis
· Communicates honestly, respectfully and sensitively
Collaboration and partnering: Is a good and effective team player
· Is as a good and effective team player
· Knows who their customers are and their requirements.
· Respects and listens to different views/opinions
· Actively collaborates across teams to achieve objectives and develop own thinking
· Proactive in providing and seeking support from team members
Leading and motivating people: Manages own development and seeks opportunities
· Actively manages own development and performance positively
· Learns lessons from successes and failures
· Seeks and explores opportunities within Malaria Consortium which develop skills and expertise
Flexibility/ adaptability: Recognizes own stress levels and adapts
· Recognises limitations and take steps to manage any resulting pressure or stress
· Remains focused on objectives and goal in a rapidly changing environment
· Takes responsibility for own work and for the impact of own actions
Living the values: Promotes Malaria Consortium values amongst peers
· Shows a readiness to promote Malaria Consortium’s values amongst peers
· Promotes ethical and professional behaviour in line with Malaria Consortium’s values
Strategic planning and thinking and sector awareness: Manages own workload effectively
· Plans and manages own workload effectively
· Is familiar with Malaria Consortium’s mission and current strategic plan.
· Understands own contribution to Malaria Consortium’s objectives
How to Apply:
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply online at the web link below.
Deadline: 2nd December 2016 by 11:59 pm