Job Title: Project Officer, Bursary
Organisation: Straight Talk Foundation (STF)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Coordinator, Bursary
Straight Talk Foundation is an indigenous health communications NGO operating nationally in Uganda through the provision of quality behaviour change programs. Straight Talk Foundation (STF) is a Ugandan health communication NGO registered in 1997. Straight Talk Foundation has existing opportunities available on three of its new projects that include;
· The Irish AID Bursary Program in Karamoja, that seeks to benefit bright but disadvantaged children.
· The Better Life for Girls, a UNFPA funded project to improve health and wellbeing of adolescents especially girls in the Karamoja sub-region.
· Prevention of AIDS in Communities of Karamoja (PACK), funded by the Irish AID.
Job Summary: The Project Officer, Bursary will be responsible for implementing field level bursary programme operations in line with the performance targets and STF bursary policies and standards.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Straight Talk Foundation Project Officer, Bursary job position should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Adult and Community Education or related field.
· A minimum of two years’ experience in development programmes of managing Bursary/Sponsorship operations is essential.
· Prior exposure and experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in bursary, Health, Education, HIV/AIDS or Child Protection program delivery.
· Possession of demonstrable financial, planning and budget management skills is a MUST.
· Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
· Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
· Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
· Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
· Ability to operate a motorcycle.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send an updated CV, Cover letter and academic documents to:
The Manager Human Resource & Administration,
Straight Talk Foundation,
Plot 4 Acacia Avenue,
P.O. Box 22366, Kampala. Uganda
Or Send via E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 11th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline