Job Title: Program Officer, Monitoring and Evaluation
Organisation: Forum for Women in Democracy (FOWODE)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Program Director
Forum for Women in Democracy is a non-partisan Women’s rights organization operating in Uganda with its head office in Kampala. FOWODE grew out of the Women’s Caucus of the 1994 – 1995 Constituency Assembly (CA) that debated and passed the 1995 Constitution. The organization’s mission is to promote gender equality in all areas of decision making through Capacity Development, Community Empowerment, Policy Engagement and Strategic Partnerships.
Job Summary: The Program Officer, Monitoring and Evaluation will mainly ensure that the results of the work the organization does are captured, analysed, and documented in an M&E system and retrieved for sharing with stakeholders. The Officer also provides timely and relevant information to improve FOWODE’s programming and inform fundraising.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation Plan and follow up on the monitoring tools to actualize the plan.
· Establish and manage a filing system for the M&E documents
· Capture data into and analyze information from the M&E system for use throughout the organization.
· Mentor and train staff and relevant stakeholders in data collection and use of monitoring tools
· Offer technical assistance to staff on participatory monitoring methodologies with stakeholders/ program beneficiaries
· Keenly track the submission of the progress reports from different programs
· Prepare and submit M&E reports highlighting the gaps and changes accruing from different activities.
· Regularly review, monitor and analyze reports for impact evaluation.
· Be in charge of overall and individual organizational program evaluations
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Program Officer, Monitoring and Evaluation job placement should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences
· The incumbent should also hold a Diploma or Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation
· A minimum of three years of related working experience in a non-governmental organization
· At least two (2) years technical experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation
· Previous exposure and experience in designing, planning and implementing M&E systems and tools
· Clear thinking with conceptual and analytical skills
· Previous experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative surveys
· Good facilitation / training skills
· Good data analysis and report writing skills
· Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in Microsoft office (excel), MIS, HIS GIS and D-Base
· Commitment to the vision and mission of FOWODE
· Effective time management
· Self drive and initiative
· Proactive and result-oriented
· Innovation and creativity
· Exceptional command of English
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 11th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline