Job Title: Office Administrative Assistant – JMEDDIC
Organisation: Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP)
Duty Station: Fort Portal, Uganda
Reports to: Study Coordinator
Position Number: 035/016
The Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) is a non-profit HIV research program that was established in 2002 as a result of a memorandum of understanding between Makerere University and The Henry M. Jackson foundation for Advancement of Military Medicine Inc. of USA (HJF). The primary purpose of MUWRP is to develop, evaluate and provide interventions to mitigate disease threats of public health importance to Uganda.
Job Summary: The Office Administrative Assistant – JMEDDIC will manage and coordinate all JMEDDIC administrative activities for current and future programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will receive Volunteers/Visitors and put them in contact with appropriate person/department.
· Receive incoming calls cheerfully and courteously and direct them to the appropriate staff members.
· Take messages accurately and refer to person/department involved.
· Keep written log of all messages, visitors, deliveries etc.
· Receive mail, packages etc. and refer to designated locations.
· Maintain an awareness of the location of personnel and activities of the Project so as to be able to make accurate referrals.
· In charge of the maintenance of the reception area in a clean and professional manner.
· Offer support in the preparation of meetings and trainings when requested.
· Support MUWRP JMEDDIC staff with photocopying services.
Protocol Related Activities:
· Schedule appointment for Volunteers using the clinic calendar.
· Ushers in volunteers and directs them to the relevant medical personnel.
· Handles requisitions, reimbursements and accountability of volunteer’s stipend.
· Escorts volunteers to their homes after vaccination
· Timely receipt and tracking of laboratory results and follow up on any delays
· Maintain and update participants’ data bases.
· Handle clinic department related purchase and cash requisitions and accountability for Volunteers’ reimbursement
· Ensure that Laboratory and clinic coats are cleaned and delivered on time.
· Perform any other duties as directed by the Supervisors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The Office Administrative Assistant – JMEDDIC should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Administration/office management studies or related field from a recognized University
· A minimum of two years’ experience in a similar position.
· Excellent telephone manners.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Experience in a hospital/clinical/research setting is an added advantage
· Good computer knowledge, including but not limited to Ms. Word, Ms. Excel, E-mail and Internet.
· Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated.
· Familiarity with standard electronic office machines (phones, copier, fax etc)
· High level of integrity
· Ability to work in a rural setting
· Excellent Oral and Written English and Luganda
· Keen attention to detail
· High levels of confidentiality
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should download the application form, download here, attach it together with application letters, CVs, Photocopies of academic qualifications and three professional referees. The position number (Check top of advert) and preferred location should clearly be stated in the application letter.
Please send applications to:
The Human Resources and Administration Manager
Makerere University Walter Reed Project
Plot 42 Nakasero Road.
P.O. Box 16524 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 16th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline