Job Title: Machinist
Organisation: Uganda Clays Ltd (UCL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Uganda Clays Limited is Uganda’s leading manufacturer of quality clay baked construction products since 1950 and is listed on the Uganda’s Securities Exchange. The head offices are located at 14Km on Entebbe Road, with a second factory situated at Kamonkoli in Eastern Uganda.
Job Summary: The Machinist will be responsible for setting up and operating a variety of machine shop tools to produce precision machine parts in Uganda Clays Limited according to work instructions, safety, quality and engineering standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure that needed spares are machined in a timely manner and to required standards at all times.
· The incumbent will also ensure that all fabrication and welding works needed during mould making and reconditioning is quickly provided at all times.
· Ensure that all machine spares are fitted by machine operators and shift' technicians with no damages all the time.
· Ensure that all workshop equipment and the working area is kept clean and organized all the time.
· Ensure that all spares and tools used during maintenance are safely stored.
· Work according to Uganda Clay’s Quality and Safety procedures at all times.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a Diploma Mechanical Engineering.
· At least two years’ experience in active machine turning using lathe, shaper, end milling machines and equipment and maintenance
· Good analytical and communication skills.
· Ability to write reports.
· Knowledge in Mechanical Science is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates with relevant experience, know that they meet the above job requirements and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should send their applications and CV, present position, current remuneration, copies of certificates/ testimonials and addresses of three (3) referees plus day-time telephone contact to this address:
Head Human Resource and Support Services, Uganda Clays Limited, P.O. Box 3188 Kampala, Uganda.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will not be entertained and if done will lead to disqualification.
Deadline: 9th December, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline