Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Organisation: Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP)
Duty Station: Fort Portal, Uganda
Reports to: Study Coordinator
Position Number: 033/016
The Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) is a non-profit HIV research program that was established in 2002 as a result of a memorandum of understanding between Makerere University and The Henry M. Jackson foundation for Advancement of Military Medicine Inc. of USA (HJF). The primary purpose of MUWRP is to develop, evaluate and provide interventions to mitigate disease threats of public health importance to Uganda.
Job Summary: The Logistics Assistant will be responsible for facilities maintenance, stores and supplies activities for the MUWRP – JMEDDIC as they relate to stores and logistics function in the administration department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The jobholder will maintain a filing system for all procurement and supply records in line with set departmental and administrative guidelines.
· In-charge of storage and issuance of supplies post Vendor supplies delivery notes into the ERP systems and generator supplies receiving reports.
· Seek approvals for supplies receiving reports from end user departments.
· The incumbent will implement logistical support process in the receipt and distribution of supplies in accordance with the set reporting guidelines.
· Regularly monitor material availability to avoid stock outs.
· Ensure that supplies are appropriately stored for easy identification and retrieval
· To receive purchase requisitions for goods and services from user departments.
· Ensure appropriate store documentation for receipt and release of materials, supplies receiving reports, stores requisitions delivery notes and records of the same.
· Pick up supplies purchased through petty cash requisitions as requested.
· In-charge if dispatch of supplies to field sites by completing appropriate stores documentation (material transfer notes, delivery notes, material requisition).
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Logistics Assistant vacancy must hold a Diploma /Degree in purchases and Supplies or Procurement or related field
· At least two years’ experience in stores and logistics environment.
· Strong computer skills with knowledge of supplies/stock management software is an added advantage.
· Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Ability to work on own initiative.
· Fluency in verbal and written English.
· Ability to live in Fort Portal and travel unexpectedly to research sites.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should download the application form, download here, attach it together with application letters, CVs, Photocopies of academic qualifications and three professional referees. The position number (Check top of advert) and preferred location should clearly be stated in the application letter.
Please send applications to:
The Human Resources and Administration Manager
Makerere University Walter Reed Project
Plot 42 Nakasero Road.
P.O. Box 16524 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 16th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline