Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Economic Recovery and Development (ERD) Officer
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. It was created by Albert Einstein more than 80 years and has been working in Uganda since 1998. It has particularly working in the conflict zones where tens of thousands of people have been kills and over 1.6 million displaced. Following a peace agreement in 2006, Ugandans are returning home and looking to rebuild their lives. The IRC is there to protect women and children from violence and exploitation by fostering a safe environment and encouraging education, and is supporting farmers and small businesses, and helping communities promote peace and long-term development.
Job Summary: The Economic Recovery and Development (ERD) Volunteer will be responsible for assisting the ERD Officer in oversight of the day-to-day program activities of the urban refugee economic empowerment project interventions in Kampala.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure effective mobilization of existing community saving and credit groups to participate in the project.
· The incumbent will plan with and supervise specific trainings of the community saving and credit groups following project methodologies.
· Carry out regular monitoring visits to the community saving and credit groups and provide support as necessary.
· Regularly review specific activity plans and budgets ensuring that planned activities are budgeted.
· The jobholder will collect data from the community saving and credit groups on a monthly basis and enter it in the project database.
· Actively contribute to the revision of monitoring tools for the community saving and credit group activities.
· Ensure all the community saving and credit group activities are properly documented using approved tools.
· Prepare and submit quarterly reports on the community saving and credit group activities and participate in consequent reviews.
· Confidentiality: Ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of IRC acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organization without authority, except in the normal execution of duty.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidates for the IRC Economic Recovery and Development (ERD) volunteer job vacancy should hold Bachelor’s degree in any field from a reputable university is required.
· At least six months paid or volunteer work experience in the field.
· Specialized training in business or skills development approaches for rural/urban poor is an added advantage.
· The applicant should have some practical field experience in training or working with farmers or small scale business people.
· Excellent writing skills, including report writing,
· Excellent networking and liaison skills,
· Excellent communication and presentation skills; pay attention to details.
· Strong computer skills especially in MS Excel and Word
NB: As this placement is purely voluntary, IRC will not pay salary. However in line with our
Volunteer/Internship policy the Volunteer will receive a small monthly stipend to facilitate transport and meals.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send and updated CV and cover letter clearly indicating the position applied for as the subject to this Email: UA-IRCJobs@Rescue.org. Please address it to: The Human Resource and Administration Department, International Rescue Committee.
Deadline: 3rd November, 2016.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline