Organisation: British American Tobacco (BAT)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The British American Tobacco is the only International tobacco group with a significant interest in tobacco leaf growing which works with thousands of farmers internationally. BAT runs leaf programmes providing direct agronomy support to farmer from aspects of crop production and environmental best practice. British American Tobacco is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Job Summary: The Demand Planning and Marketing Information Executive will mainly gather, analyse and consolidate information to generate insights on market trends and business opportunities. The role will be focused on providing tactical and strategic guidance to the Management Team on market dynamics to support decision making through Research Information and Trade Marketing Information. Analysing competition activities and volumes trends and assessing the impact thereof will be a key function of the role. The holder will be expected to develop systems of tracking, reporting and forecasting competition volume and their cycle plan activities. The role should help bring about efficiencies in marketing reporting processes by developing templates, systems and process maps that will aid the business to identify threats and opportunities. The executive will ensure competition market insights & marketing research is translated into accurate and scientific forecasts that forms the keystone of an effective integrated business planning cycle.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support the Head of Trade and internal marketing clients in development of competitive business scenarios and price planning/ simulation
· Ensure that insights are integrated through active involvement in demand planning and review meetings.
· Seek to improve the quality of marketing decision making by analysing and reporting on the outcomes of all key marketing decisions based on marketing research and information.
· Support the end market and above market teams by availing up-to-date information and insights
· Actively participate in the company plans (coplan), Quarterly reviews, and pricing discussions to give insights.
· Continuously ensure information is available to all stakeholders in its simplest and complete form
· Offer counsel and marketing information to internal marketing clients in order to meet company business needs.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The Demand Planning and Marketing Information Executive should preferably be a University graduate
· A minimum of two years’ experience in Marketing Research & Insights is desirable
· Forecasting techniques
· Good quantitative and qualitative analysis
· Marketing Planning processes
· Leverages information sources
· Articulates basic insights in a clear, concise and timely manner to inform management
· Effectively manages day-to-day interactions with suppliers
· Effective communication, presentation and facilitation.
· Good negotiation and influencing skills
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the British American Tobacco (BAT) should express their interest by applying online.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline