Job Title: Artificial Inseminator Technician
Organisation: National Animal Genetic Resources Centre and Data Bank (NAGRC&DB)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Farm Manager
The National Animal Genetics Resources Centre and Data Bank, (NAGRC&DB) is a body corporate under the Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries whose mandate is to take a leading role in establishing a comprehensive National Animal Breeding Programme in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Artificial Inseminator Technician will mainly evaluate and inseminate animals in estrus and monitor their progress for reproductive performance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Carry out heat detection on the farm animals
· Inseminate ready to serve animals and record the services accurately
· Conduct regular pregnancy diagnosis
· Report reproductive problems to the line supervisor
· Maintain the semen bank at the station of duty
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must possess a Certificate in animal husbandry discipline.
· Possession of a Certificate in Artificial insemination from a recognized institution is mandatory
· At least two years of practical exposure to animal breeding activities.
· Hands-on experience in animal handling and artificial insemination.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their updated CVs, applications, testimonials and three professional referees (one of whom should be work-based) to;
The Executive Director,
Attn: Human Resource / Administration,
National Animal Genetic Resources Centre and DataBank (NAGRC & DB)
P.O. Box 183, Entebbe-Uganda.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 28th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline