Job Title: Administration Assistant –Finance & Grants
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Strengthening Uganda’s Systems for Treating AIDS Nationally (SUSTAIN) Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About URC SUSTAIN Project:
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is implementing the USAID-funded Strengthening Uganda’s Systems for Treating AIDS Nationally (SUSTAIN) project. The project supports delivery of quality HIV prevention, treatment, care and laboratory services at selected regional referral and general hospitals.
Job Summary: The Administration Assistant –Finance & Grants will be responsible for assisting in implementation of the overall accounting and financial control systems for URC SUSTAIN Project and for using adequate and appropriate internal controls to meet generally recognized accounting standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of the maintenance of sound filing system of all financial reports, Payment Vouchers, Accountability reports, field wire requests, bank reconciliations; field accounts review certifications and other finance documentation.
· Scanning and photocopying monthly Payment Vouchers, General Journals and Grants Accountabilities including saving them on Finance and Grants drives respectively.
· Responsible for the preparation of quarterly monthly payment vouchers for shipment to home office as per policy.
· Receive and Check Hotel invoices on a weekly basis to ensure that the billed amount tally with contract amount and booking forms.
· Support the Finance Assistant to prepare requests for Mobile Money i.e. Static Payments, SMC and any other as advised by SFO.
· Ensure that all Vouchers are stamped, paid & posted and support documents are fully attached on Vouchers i.e. vendor receipts and acknowledgements, copy of cheque & print proof.
· Assist in organizing invoices for VAT report to USAID.
· Receive Accountabilities from staff and ensure they are fully recorded in the register.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID SUSTAIN Administration Assistant –Finance & Grants career placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Management, Business, Social Science, or other relevant field.
· A minimum of two (2) years of relevant professional experience in office administration.
· Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy highly desirable.
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills and excellent organization skills.
· Excellent knowledge and experience with Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other data processing and graphical presentation software.
· Oral and written English language fluency.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should submit their cover letter, certificate of good conduct, curriculum vitae, copies of academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references addressed to:
Human Resource & Administration Coordinator,
University Research Co., LLC – Centre for Human Services,
Plot 7 Ntinda View Crescent, Naguru
Deadline: 4th November, 2016 at 12:00 Noon
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline