Job Title: Accounts Assistant -Service Centers
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Service Center Manager
MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services.
Job Summary: The Accounts Assistant-Service Centers will manage stock; ensure safe custody of cash and submit reports of cash sales in the Service Centre environment in line with the Company’s financial management policies and procedures
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will reconcile daily cash sales, system sales figures and receipt books and report findings including any variances to the Service Centre Manager (SCM)
- Reconcile daily all cash & E-Float assigned to and collected by the Service Center.
- Carry out daily cash-up in the presence of each Service Centre Advisor (SCA) responsible for each workstation and to ensure that the cash transfer form is signed and filed.
- Brief Service Centre staff on any issues pertaining to controls, availability & usage of stock and any other financial controls in place.
- Work closely with the Service Centre Managers with regard to formulating and implementing processes and procedural changes pertaining to accounting matters in the Service Centre.
- Assist with budgetary controls and responsibility as directed by the Line Manager.
- The incumbent will also distribute stock to each Service Centre Advisor every morning and collect unsold stock at the end of the day and ensures that the stock bin card is signed.
- Perform weekly and monthly stock takes in order to ensure all stock i.e. in the main store and that in the system is accounted for and submitted to finance.
- Ensure all banking is done daily and that the monies are posted to the respective bank accounts accordingly
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly management reports highlighting the Service Centre Performance.
- Interface with other departments as required.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the MTN Accounts Assistant-Service Centers career opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in a Business related area.
- Professional qualification level 2.
- At least two years’ prior work experience in a Cash/ Accounts environment of which one year is in a service oriented customer environment with financial or stock responsibility.
- Previous experience supervising others is a MUST have
- Excellent Communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and administrative skills
- High level of integrity
- Working knowledge of company financial systems and procedures.
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in MS Office
- Fluency in English and one local language
- Team player, flexible and ability to follow up on queries
NB: Please note that presentation of false academic documents and certification will lead to criminal prosecution.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send/deliver their Job Applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees addressed to the: Recruitment Officer, MTN- Uganda, P.O Box 24624, Kampala, (MTN Towers), Uganda.
Deadline: 29th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline