Job Title: Accountant
Organization: Eastern Private Sector Development Centre (EPSEDEC)
Duty Station: Mbale, Uganda
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
Eastern Private Sector Development Centre (EPSEDEC) is a non-governmental development organization whose mission is: to work with communities to overcome poverty through business development services, sustainable economic empowerment, and the development of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs). EPSEDEC works with other development partners in implementation of projects that address economic development challenges in Uganda. EPSEDEC’s activities are anchored in the Government’s National Development Plan (NDP) and it also contributes to achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) 1, 2 and 8 that aim to end poverty and hunger in all its forms; to achieve food security and improved nutrition by promoting sustainable agriculture; and to promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
Job Summary: The Accountant provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; and preparing reports using computer accounting packages such as QuickBooks, Tally etc.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
· Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
· Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other reports.
· Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
· Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
· Prepares and manages payments by verifying documentation, requesting disbursements, and effecting cash/cheque payments.
· Actively contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or a professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA etc.
· An additional qualification and demonstrated proficiency in computer accounting packages such as QuickBooks, Tally etc. is a must.
· A minimum of two years’ experience in a similar position and organization
· Work skills such as; timely reporting, attention to detail, deadline-oriented, time management, and data entry management.
· Proficiency in written and spoken English.
· Age: Between 28 - 45 years.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications (hand delivered, post, email or courier) with names and addresses of three referees together with Curriculum Vitae, day time telephone number and photocopies of relevant certificates to the undersigned;
Board of Directors,
Eastern Private Sector Development Centre
P.O Box 306 Mbale
2 km Mbale – Kumi Road, Mbale Municipality
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 20th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline