Job Title: Financial Accountant
Organisation: Uganda Clays Ltd (UCL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Finance
Uganda Clays Limited is Uganda’s leading manufacturer of quality clay baked construction products since 1950 and is listed on the Uganda’s Securities Exchange. The head offices are located at 14Km on Entebbe Road, with a second factory situated at Kamonkoli in Eastern Uganda.
Job Summary: The Financial Accountant will mainly be responsible for managing accounting activities particularly; facilitating an efficient payment process to manage resources prudently and managing the financial information system to ensure that the system meets all user needs to produce accurate financial information and in so doing support the Head of Finance in ensuring the overall financial viability of the business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will ensure that the financial activities of Uganda Clays are fully compliant with the laws of Uganda, client requirements, and best practice in financial management.
· Ensure that timely and accurate payments are made, according to Uganda Clays policies and procedures, in a way that ensures good ongoing relationships with staff, vendors, service providers and other stakeholders.
· Ensure that Uganda Clays stores of supplies and fixed assets are efficiently and effectively managed.
· Ensuring that the Financial Information System provides users and Accountable Managers with the information they need to accomplish their roles.
· Take lead of the Finance Team in a manner that empowers them to efficiently manage the finances of Uganda Clays and deliver excellent customer service.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a Bachelors’ degree in commerce, business administration (Accounting) or a related field majoring in accounting.
· Full qualification or part ACCA/CPA/ CIMA qualification - Level 3
· At least five (5) years of experience a in similar position in a medium sized or large company.
· Proficiency in MS Office particularly Excel & Word, as well as a computerized financial management system.
· Tax Training, good analytical and report writing skills
· Knowledgeable in international financial reporting standards and other accounting best practices.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates with relevant experience, know that they meet the above job requirements and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should send their applications and CV, present position, current remuneration, copies of certificates/ testimonials and addresses of three (3) referees plus day-time telephone contact to this address:
Head Human Resource and Support Services, Uganda Clays Limited, P.O. Box 3188 Kampala, Uganda.
Email to: email@example.com
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will not be entertained and if done will lead to disqualification.
Deadline: 9th December, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline