Job Title: Finance Officer
Organisation: Straight Talk Foundation (STF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Finance & Administration
Straight Talk Foundation is an indigenous health communications NGO operating nationally in Uganda through the provision of quality behaviour change programs. Straight Talk Foundation (STF) is a Ugandan health communication NGO registered in 1997. Straight Talk Foundation has existing opportunities available on three of its new projects that include;
· The Irish AID Bursary Program in Karamoja, that seeks to benefit bright but disadvantaged children.
· The Better Life for Girls, a UNFPA funded project to improve health and wellbeing of adolescents especially girls in the Karamoja sub-region.
· Prevention of AIDS in Communities of Karamoja (PACK), funded by the Irish AID.
Job Summary: The Finance Officer will mainly ensure effective and efficient finance and accounting processes at STF including preparation of timely and accurate financial reports in line with the STF’s strategy and objectives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Straight Talk Foundation Finance Officer job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Business Administration with a bias in accounting including partial or-full professional qualification (ACCA, CPA, CIMA).
· A minimum of three years of progressively responsible and professional accounting experience, preferably in a non-governmental organisation (NGO).
· Knowledge of principles and practices of general, fund, and NGO accounting including financial statement preparation and methods of financial control and reporting; principles and practices of cost and fixed asset accounting; internal control and audit principles and practices.
· Knowledge of budgeting; laws and ordinances relating to the financial administration of donor funded agencies; practices and methods of donor funded agency financing.
· Broad knowledge of principles, practices, laws and regulations governing the investment and management of donor funds.
· Ability to develop and implement financial procedures and controls.
· Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
· Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
· Excellent time management and planning capacity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send an updated CV, Cover letter and academic documents to:
The Manager Human Resource & Administration,
Straight Talk Foundation,
Plot 4 Acacia Avenue,
P.O. Box 22366, Kampala. Uganda
Or Send via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 11th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline