Job Title: Finance Manager
Organisation: Hospice Africa Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Hospice Africa Uganda (HAU) is a national organization which was founded in 1993 to promote modern methods of pain and symptom control as well as "whole-person" (holistic) care for patients living with cancer and HIV/AIDS. HAU strives to uphold excellent clinical standards and provide quality education courses and advocacy activities to promote the spread of palliative care throughout Uganda and Africa.
Job Summary: The Finance Manager will give financial expertise so as to align the utilization of both physical and nonphysical resources to support Hospice Africa Uganda's overall strategy of provision of palliative care and education to the patients & family so as to ensure expansion and continuity.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Strategic Management: Actively contribute to the development of HAU's corporate strategy; Financial Risk Management; Financial information, guidance and reporting;
· Ensure that HAU meets its financial and legal obligations
· Technical Support:
o Develop and maintain appropriate Financial and Administrative Policies and Procedures.
o Develop, control and implement a program of Internal and External Audit programmes; set up, monitor and control the department's performance on Financial information, guidance and reporting;
o Represent HAU in stakeholder meetings on financial aspects both internally and externally and give feedback to the relevant persons;
o Guide and facilitate the HAU Finance and Administration team;
o Acknowledge donor funds and Approve payment transactions including authorization of payroll as set out in the HAU Finance policy manual;
o Negotiate, control and monitor all financial contracts to ensure provision of professional, cost-effective and quality services that provide optimum value to HAU;
o Oversee the planning, coordinating, monitoring and reviewing of HAU annual budgets in order to guarantee financial sufficiency within established criteria and timescales using the appropriate policy and processes;
o Develop, control and monitor the HAU procurement processes and systems.
· Human Resources Management and Development: Develop, direct and control a strong and competent finance department team and ensure they are appropriately motivated, trained and carry out their responsibilities to required standards so as to efficiently achieve HAU's objectives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Administration (preferably BBA, B. Com).
· Professional qualifications such as ACCA, CPA, ICSA and Advanced Degree in Finance and Administration (preferably MBA) will be an added advantage.
· Significant experience in the finance field
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications including a resume with three work related referees and a cover letter via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address your applications to:
The Human Resources and Administration Office,
Hospice Africa Uganda,
Plot 130, Makindye Road, Opposite Makindye Country Club,
P.O. Box 7757, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 19th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline