Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer
Organization: Partnership Africa Canada (PAC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Director, Ottawa, Canada
Partnership Africa Canada (PAC) is a global leader in developing innovative approaches to strengthen natural resource governance in high-risk and conflict regions. For 30 years, PAC has collaborated with partners to promote policy dialogue and solutions for sustainable development.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Follow existing financial systems including expenses, mileage claims, income and expenditure records, and processing all payments based on HQ policies and funding agreements;
· Manage cash flow and prepare monthly bank reconciliation;
· Maintain financial and administrative controls and book keeping;
· The incumbent will develop and monitor budgets;
· Ensure financial monitoring of contracts (consultants and partners);
· Prepare financial reports on a monthly basis;
· Examine travel expenses and financial reports of staff, and contractors ensuring compliance with requirements;
· Provide help in preparing financial statements and other documents for audits if needed;
· Arrange travel, including the booking of flights and hotels for staff during visits to the region, as well as stakeholders and partners during trainings and other events;
· Order and purchase office equipment and supplies in accordance with procurement policies;
· Maintain inventories of supplies and equipment;
· Regularly monitor vacation and sick leave records, and ensure that employee weekly time sheets are properly completed;
· Manage employee leave (Vacation, Sick Leave, and other);
· Put in place a Health insurance package for staff based on Ugandan’s labor law;
· Prepare payroll for staff and ensure all government taxes and obligation are paid on a monthly basis;
· Put in place vendor agreement for procurement;
· Perform other finance and administrative tasks as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should preferably hold a University degree in accounting, finance, administration or equivalent.
· At least five years of relevant work experience.
· Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization and an understanding of African development issues would be an asset.
· Previous exposure and experience providing finance and administrative support, preferably to a non-governmental organization.
· Experience working within and applying Ugandan legislation applicable to NGO’s as well as the tax laws of the Uganda Revenue Authority, is an asset.
· Excellent computer skills, particularly with Excel and an accounting system.
· Demonstrated experience with Sage 50 is an asset.
· Excellent communication, with verbal and written English essential. Swahili or French is an asset.
· Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
· Demonstrated time management abilities, multitasking, and planning.
· Demonstrated ability to work cohesively as part of a team, experience having worked with international teams is an asset.
· Applicants must be Ugandan citizens, or Ugandan-based with legal status to work in Uganda.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send the following via Email to email@example.com:
· A cover letter explaining your interest in the position
· An updated resume/curriculum vitae
· The completed Supplementary Information Form, download here
Deadline: 21st November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline