Job Title: Finance and Admin Officer
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Programme Manager Amudat
ZOA is an International Non-Governmental Organisation working in Uganda since 1998. Its mission is to assist in rebuilding the livelihoods of peoples who are affected by human conflict or natural disaster. We operate in 15 countries in Africa and Asia. Our community based programme in Uganda concentrates on Food Security, Livelihoods/Economic Development, Water Sanitation and Hygiene. Vocational Training, Education and Peace Building and is implemented in close cooperation with local organizations and local government.
Job Summary: The Finance and Admin Officer is primarily responsible for the correct, accurate and timely handling of the accounts and other system related matters. He/she handles and oversees logistical affairs and other administrative duties in the office, manages the support staff and advises the Programme Manager in all Finance, Logistics and Human resource matters.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintains communication between the programme area and country office;
· Responsible with other finance staff that the accounts are ready by the 15th of the following month in order to report on a timely basis;
· Manages the balances of receivables and payables and communicate with both debtors and creditors and ensure that outstanding receivables are collected and outstanding payables are settled, where appropriate through the respective manager;
· Prepares monthly bank reconciliation statements and ensures that items to be reconciled are properly cleared and adjusted and all open items are cleared on a regular basis;
· Ensures that Fixed Assets and Stocks in the stores are handled properly and safely, and makes sure that a proper store system is maintained in the programme; maintains the Fixed Assets register and giving tag numbers for all currently existing and newly incoming items.
· Ensures that procedures are strictly followed for a proper procurement (supplies and equipment) and commitment of services (consultancy and maintenance) to get the goods and services with fair price, good quality and on a timely basis;
· Maintains and updates filing system for all payment vouchers and the supporting documents as well as for documentation in the finance office;
· Makes payments and receive funds in accordance with financial procedures, and manages cash
· Manages program support staff, evaluations and appraisals and advises the programme manager on HR matters.
· Support, to partners to ensure timely and accurate accountability and reporting.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounts, or any relevant qualifications in the field of finance.
· At least three years of proven experience in Accounts/Admin/Logistics with reputable organization;
· Good understanding of both finance and administration;
· Good computer knowledge, especially MS Excel and any accounting software;
· Stress-resistant, and able to live and work in remote area with basic facilities.
· Stable personality
· Good team player who will enjoy working in a dynamic though basic environment, who is able to integrate and express Christian values in the work.
How to Apply:
All mature personalities who are able to integrate and express Christian values in their work should express interested by sending their application letters together with curriculum vitae (max 2 pages), names and day time contacts of three referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org in subject header: Position you are applying for e.g. Finance and Admin Officer.
Deadline: Friday, 9th December, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline