Job Title: Executive Secretary
Organisation: AMREF Health Africa
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Country Director
AMREF Health Africa is an international African organization founded in Kenya in 1957. Our Headquarters are in Nairobi with major programmes in Ethiopia, Kenya, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda, and two regional nubs in Southern and Western Africa based in South Africa and Senegal Respectively. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa aims to close the gap that prevents people from accessing their basic right to health. Amref Health Africa is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities. Our Vision is Lasting Health Change in Africa.
Job Summary: The Executive Secretary will provide executive administrative and management support to the Country Director and the Amref Health Africa in Uganda Advisory Board
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Planning and organizing the Country Director’s office
· Taking an active role to coordinate and manage the Country Director’s calendar, travels, meetings and preparation of associated files and background papers to ensure that meetings and events occur on time;
· In charge of scheduling and organising monthly teleconferences with Africa SMT
· Provides customer service for the office as first point of contact; and
· Maintaining the office inventory and stationary supplies.
Communications support and information flow:
· In charge of analysing substantive incoming documents and researching case history and background and drafting appropriate replies for the CD /Board;
· Preparing reports and ensuring effective and timely communication between Country Director’s office and those inside and outside Amref Health Africa; and
· Work closely with both external and internal contacts in coordination with the Country Director to ensure follow-up and execution of planned activities, including but not limited to Amref Health Africa collaborators, donors, partners, managers and staff as may be relevant.
Managing the preparation of Amref Health Africa board meetings
· Coordinating the preparation and planning of Advisory / Board meetings and Board committees for all Board members,
· Taking minutes during board meetings.
· Point of contact for Board members/Board Chairperson;
· Following-up Board decisions requiring action by the Country Director and senior management;
· Collating all agenda and board papers, distributing to all participants;
· Providing and coordinating of board secretariat during board meetings;
· Selection of actual venue for board meetings and handling of all logistics including travels for all participants;
· Provide accountability for allowances to all Board and Non-Board committee Members;
· Organising the editing of Board papers.
Administrative support to SMT meetings:
· Organizing SMT meetings and taking minutes in these meetings
· Following up for timely implementation of decisions by the SMT; and
· Providing relevant information/documents to the North America/Europe/Africa offices as well as responding to all their inquiries.
Budget Planning and Control: Developing budgets, providing budget control and monitoring expenditures for the office as well as that of the Board.
Research/Information Management: Discussing issues with the Country Director and then collecting information from within Amref Health Africa .
Office Management: Ensuring smooth functioning of the Country Director’s office as well as the Board component.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the AMREF Executive Secretary job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Leadership & Management;
· Additional training in minutes taking; and
· Broad knowledge of modern office procedures.
· At least five (5) years’ experience in executive office support within a busy environment;
· Previous experience in office management; and
· Prior exposure to multi-disciplined and multicultural environment.
· Excellent communication skills;
· Excellent Planning and organization;
· Good report writing skills;
· High initiative;
· Good team work;
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to operate modern office equipment.
· Mature personality;
· Highly Confidential;
· Highly ethical;
· Proven ability to work within deadlines.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send an updated CV including three professional referees and cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Amref Health Africa in Uganda via Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails should not exceed 2MB.
Deadline: 14th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline