Job Title: Executive Director
Organization: African Network for the Prevention and Protection against Child Abuse and Neglect (ANPPCAN)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The African Network for the Prevention and Protection against Child Abuse and Neglect (ANPPCAN) Uganda Chapter is a non-profit child focused organization working to protect and promote the rights of children in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Executive Director is the Chief Executive and Accounting Officer of ANPPCAN Uganda Chapter and is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the organisation according to the strategic direction set by the Executive Board.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Leadership: Act as the Chief Executive and Accounting Officer of ANPPCAN Uganda Chapter, the Executive Director will be responsible for providing overall strategic leadership to the organisation in line with mission, vision, objectives and values, and ensuring effective implementation of the strategic plan.
· Policy development, operational planning and management: The incumbent will also be supporting the Executive Board in developing and implementing appropriate policies and systems for proper governance and management of ANPPCAN Uganda Chapter as well ensuring the effective implementation of the decisions of the Executive Board.
· Programme planning, development and management: The incumbent will also steer the development of relevant and appropriate programmes and interventions for the Chapter in accordance to the strategic objectives, and ensure their effective and efficient execution at all levels.
· Human resources planning and management: The Executive Director will take the lead role in maintaining highly performing, well motivated and productive team of staff and ensuring effective management of the organisation’s human resources.
· Financial planning and mobilisation of financial resources:
o He/she will spearhead the mobilisation of adequate financial and other resources to support programmes and operations of the organisation and generally ensure a sustainable financial resource base for ANPPCAN Uganda Chapter.
o He/she will also be responsible for prudent and accountable utilisation and management of the organisation’s financial resources including maintaining strict adherence to established financial management policies and procedures as well as sound financial management practices.
· Community Relations/Advocacy: He/she will maintain excellent and productive relations with ANPPCAN external stakeholders and partners including government Ministries and institutions, donors, other civil society actors and agencies as well as other ANPPCAN Chapters and as well as play a leading role for strengthening and maintaining ANPPCAN’s positive public image as a leading child rights organisation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Masters Degree in Social Work, Management Science, Development Studies, Organisational Development, Social Sector Planning and Management, or a related field.
· Five or more years of progressive management experience in the context of a Non-Governmental Organisation.
· Previous experience of successfully leading a similar organisation in the same position is a key advantage.
· This position demands a strategic thinker who has the capacity to continuously scan the operating environment, and create an organisation that is easily adaptable and relevant
· Previous experience working closely with government ministries and departments at the national level, and with funding agencies.
· Strong managerial and organisational competence
· Broad knowledge of leadership and management principles as they relate to NGO’s
· Working knowledge of the current policies and laws related to children in general and to child protection in particular
· Extensive knowledge and experience in current child protection landscape at the global and local level, including challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of ANPPCAN
· Transparent and high level of integrity
· Solid hands-on budget management skills, decision making and reporting, fundraising and planning.
· Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other partners.
· Excellent written and oral communication/public speaking skills
· Proven ability to collaborate with persons from diverse backgrounds
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit this filled Application Form, download here and send it to this E-mail address: email@example.com.
Deadline: Friday, 18th November, 2016 by 5pm
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline