Job Title: ESG-HSQ Supervisor
Organisation: Future Options Consulting Ltd
Duty Station: Uganda
Future Options Consulting Ltd is an online recruitment services which now seeks to recruit on behalf of its valued Client, an international energy business with a portfolio of hydropower investments in Uganda.
Job Summary: The ESG-HSQ Supervisor will manage the delivery of the ESG and HSQ aspects of Project in accordance with international standards and local laws and regulations
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and enforce Health and Safety standards for the Project based on OHSAS 18001.
· Ensure the Environmental and Social Governance principles and standards are adhered to by all contractors, consultants, suppliers and other stakeholders in line with, among other standards, ISO 14001.
· Offer support in the Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety functions in the various technical (engineering review), interface and commercial aspects of the Project.
· Develop and implement Project Quality Management Systems by the Project Team in a manner that meets Project and contractual requirements and in line with FIDIC, ISO 9001 and other relevant standards.
· Offer timely support in the development, preparation, implementation and follow-up of various plans by the EPC contractors (schedules, quality, health and safety, environmental and social, execution, project and interface management) through the project during different stages and with all components.
· Assist in managing project risks and hazards by developing and using appropriate tools to identify, quantify and address various risks and hazards
· Ensure effective communications and supervision of EPC contractors, from a Quality and HSE perspective, on a day-to-day basis.
· Develop appropriate reporting templates and ensure all reports required by various regulators, authorities and internal guidelines are produced in time and are of high quality.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal applicant for the ESG-HSQ Supervisor vacancy must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a reputable institution
· A minimum of ten years’ experience in positions relevant to the role.
· Quality Control, Health and Safety and Environmental Engineer with international experience (gained through multinational companies or across countries and professional cultures).
· Prior site based managerial experience, with a strong background in the QA/QC, ESG and HS components.
· Preferably experience as a contractor and/or owner.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of the principles and practice of Quality, Environmental and Social and Health & Safety Management Systems. IFC standards knowledge is a must.
· Working knowledge of the implementation and improvement of management and interface systems.
· Previous exposure and experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa is a must, Uganda and/or Tanzania experience is a strong preference.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and orally.
· Computer literacy i.e. proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Microsoft Project.
· The applicant should have held a leadership role in promoting the culture of adherence to Quality, ESG and HS policies and procedures.
· Responsible and honest, must be a self-starter, with the ability to take responsibility for their own work, open to creativity.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications with updated curriculum vita including contacts of three professional referees to: The Director, Future Options Consulting Ltd, 4th Floor, Diamond Trust Building, Kampala Road, P.O. Box 34934, Kampala, Uganda via email to: email@example.com
NB: Please include the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
Deadline: 24th November 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline