Job Title: Environmental Health Manager
Organisation: Concern Worldwide
Duty Station: Uganda
Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental, humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Our mission is to help people living in extreme poverty achieve major improvements in their lives which last and spread without on-going support from Concern.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The jobholder will manage the delivery of software activities related to water, sanitation and hygiene in 59 communities and 11 schools, ensuring that interventions are of the highest possible quality, and appropriate for the local context.
· Mentor and manage a team of seven field staff
· The incumbent will take lead in implementing new initiatives (such as banking with mobile money) arid adapting program design to ensure successful implementation.
· Work in liaison with the M&E officer to monitor project progress, and assess impact. This includes a focus on the long-term functionality of previously constructed water points.
· Work closely with the local government (at all levels) and ensure all activities are conducted in partnership with local government and in line with relevant government guidelines and policies.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Concern Environmental Health Manager job placement should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Health or relevant field.
· Possess relevant diplomas and short courses in public health, PHAST and CLTS methodologies.
· At least three years of practical experience with an International non-profit organization
· Possess excellent project management skills and experience;
· Excellent communication facilitation skills;.
· Working knowledge/experience in using barrier analysis; familiarity with current standards/guidelines for WASH
· Excellent computer skills
· Proven experience of delivering sustainable water interventions, and familiarity with some of the key barriers to sustainable water services
· Proven ability to speak Luo will be a considerable advantage,
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and detailed CV (max 4 pages) with a covering letter, copies of relevant certificates, with day time contacts, names and addresses of three (3) work related referees’.
The complete applications should be sent and addressed to: The Human Resources Department, Concern Worldwide Uganda, P.O. Box 6599 Kampala, Uganda or email to email@example.com.
Deadline: 25th November 2016 by 5PM.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline