Job Title: Programme Officer, My Voice My Rights
Organization: Restless Development
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Gross Annual Salary: UGX 15,519,635 gross per annum
Reports to: Programme Coordinator
Restless Development (Uganda) is an International NGO established to address the challenges faced by young people in Uganda by placing young people at the forefront of change and development. Our vision is for all Ugandan youth to live healthy and productive lives, fully supported by those around them. Our programming focuses on three core areas: youth sexual and reproductive health and rights, youth civic participation and youth employment and livelihoods.
About My Voice My Rights Programme:
Restless Development is implementing the My Voice My Rights, a new exciting programme aimed at increasing the number of young people living in rural Uganda who have access to Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE) & youth-friendly health services through mobilisation, coordination and capacity building of youth and youth-led organisations, and joint advocacy campaigns in Jinja, Mayuge and Kampala Districts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation (50%)
· Offer support in the planning and implementation of capacity building plans for CBOS and partner organisations.
· Coordinate youth-led research and facilitate sharing of learning with partners, across programmes and externally as appropriate.
· Plan and support dissemination of Sexual Reproductive and Health Rights (SRHR) information that respond to the local context
· Support the mapping of CBOs and build their capacity to understand the value of integrating youth-centred sexuality education into their youth programming through training and mentorship
· Offer support in the training of Health Service Providers and teachers to offer youth friendly services, ensuring that increased demand among young people is met by high quality supply.
· Support knowledge building of Youth Councillors on ASRHR and relevant government policies and train them on how to effectively capture the views of young people and communicate these issues through official platforms to strengthen their advocacy
· Support the establishment of district coordination structures which will serve as a communication platform for advocates4action to regularly engage with decision makers
· Organise advocacy meetings with district and national level stakeholders.
· Support Advocates4action to participate in local processes in relation to SRHR.
· Assist in the recruitment and training of advocates
· Regularly monitor and evaluate project progress on regular basis to ensure that programmes are on track and challenges are dealt with.
· Collect and share case studies with the M&E and communication team
· Support the development of monthly progress and donor reports
Partner Relationships and Support (20%)
· Ensure that District Local Governments and other partners have a clear understanding of Restless Development programme.
· Identify opportunities for joint activities with District Local Government staff and other development partners.
· Represent Restless Development Uganda at external meetings with government and NGO partners as required.
· Ensure that all necessary capacity assessments are carried out and analysed prior to entering into any new partnerships.
· Build a Partner Capacity Building Programme with and for all partners in the Amplify Change Project, including a corresponding monitoring and review element for each partner.
Financial Planning & Management (15%)
· Ensure appropriate use and accounting of funds in accordance to Restless Development guidelines and policies.
· Support the development and regular review of the programme budget. Support the development of annual programme budgets and quarterly reforecasts.
Volunteer Management and Support (10%)
· Set clear performance objectives for peer educators and monitor their performance on a regular basis.
· Support, mentor and coach peer educators to help them be highly effective in their work.
· Support peer educators and partners to share learning and to exchange skills.
Other duties (5%)
· Fulfil other reasonable duties and responsibilities, as requested by the Programme Coordinator.
· Occasionally work on weekends and holidays for which time off in lieu can be taken.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the Restless Development Programme Office My Voice My Rights should hold a Degree in relevant field of study.
· One year experience in relevant field (sexual and reproductive health, youth livelihoods, education and/or working with young people).
· Previous exposure and experience in training and programme management.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of contemporary development issues particularly those related to economic opportunities for youth, sexual and reproductive health and civic participation.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
· Highly organised, with excellent planning, prioritisation and problem-solving skills.
· Show commitment to the values, aims and methods of Restless Development.
· Competent in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel).
· Fluency (written and spoken) in English.
· Previous experience in youth reproductive health programmes within an NGO is desired
· Working knowledge of relevant national and international frameworks and strategies in youth empowerment, sexual health, HIV/AIDS, education and poverty issues.
· The individual must be results orientated, highly self-motivated and have demonstrated analytical skills.
· The successful candidate will thrive in a multi-cultural environment as part of a rapidly growing and developing organisation and be personally committed to Restless Development’s mission and values.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join Restless Development in the aforementioned capacity should fill in this form, download here, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we DO NOT accept CVs, resumes and cover letters.
Deadline: 7th December 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline