Job Title: Lithographer
Organisation: Parliamentary Commission
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Publications Officer
The Parliamentary Commission of Uganda serves the following functions;
· Appoint, promote and exercise disciplinary control over persons holding public office in Parliament;
· Review the terms and conditions of service, standing orders, training and qualifications of persons holding office in Parliament;
· Provide a Parliamentary reporting service;
· Provide such other staff and facilities as are required to ensure efficient functioning of the Parliament;
· To cause to be prepared in each financial year, estimates of revenue and expenditure for the next financial year; and
· Make recommendations to Parliament, or with the approval of Parliament, determine the allowances payable and privileges available to the Speaker and Members of Parliament.
Job Summary: The Lithographer will conduct printing activities related to the production of the daily and monthly Hansards, and other parliamentary publications.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conduct printing activities related to the production of the daily and monthly Hansards, and other parliamentary publications including: Pre-press activities of mounting, exposing and developing of films of publications; and/or post-press activities of folding, collating, stitching, binding, trimming and packing
· Guide on technical requirements of the printing press, including fault identification; and advise on procurement of machines, printing materials and consumables
· Handle minor repairs and maintenance of the printing machines
· Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold an Honours Bachelors Degree in Industrial Fine Art and Design (majoring in Graphic Design) or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Communication Technology with bias in printing technology, obtained from a recognized university / Institution.
· Possess printing and publications skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to operate and maintain printing machines
· Ability to adhere to health and safety regulations with minimum supervision
· Ability to work in a team with minimum supervision
· Ability to finish work within the designated timeframe
· Age: 21 years and above
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified Ugandans are encouraged to send updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) stating two referees; and certified copies of their academic certificates and transcripts. The applications should be addressed to the Secretary, Parliamentary Commission and posted to P.O. Box 7178 Kampala; or hand delivered to the Parliamentary Registry - Parliament Buildings, Room 112, 1st Floor, South Wing; Parliament of Uganda.
Deadline: Friday 2nd December, 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline