Job Title: Engineering Officer - Mechanical
Organisation: Parliamentary Commission
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Deputy Sergeant-at-Arms
The Parliamentary Commission of Uganda serves the following functions;
· Appoint, promote and exercise disciplinary control over persons holding public office in Parliament;
· Review the terms and conditions of service, standing orders, training and qualifications of persons holding office in Parliament;
· Provide a Parliamentary reporting service;
· Provide such other staff and facilities as are required to ensure efficient functioning of the Parliament;
· To cause to be prepared in each financial year, estimates of revenue and expenditure for the next financial year; and
· Make recommendations to Parliament, or with the approval of Parliament, determine the allowances payable and privileges available to the Speaker and Members of Parliament.
Job Summary: The Engineering Officer - Mechanical will coordinate, control, plan and perform mechanical maintenance activities on a broad range of equipment and systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of inspecting, maintaining and repairing all minor mechanical equipment
· Providing technical support and resolution when mechanical or engineering problems are encountered
· Inspecting completed installations and observing operations to ensure conformance to design, specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards
· Preparing specifications for procurement of mechanical equipment/ spare parts
· In charge of developing and coordinating the maintenance and safety procedures and service schedules
· Responsible for preparing service schedules and statements of works for the maintenance of mechanical equipment in the prescribed condition and safety standards
· Carrying out inspections to investigate existing equipment conditions and needs, and determine requirements
· Work closely with contracted firms to carry out major mechanical repairs on equipment and systems
· Conduct routine checks and inspection on all mechanical installations and equipment such as elevators, air conditioners etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold an Honours Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering obtained from a recognized university/institution
· Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
· Ability to carry out mechanical maintenance, servicing, repair and installations
· Excellent communication, listening and interpersonal skills
· Good problem solving skills
· Age: 21 years and above
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified Ugandans are encouraged to send updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) stating two referees; and certified copies of their academic certificates and transcripts. The applications should be addressed to the Secretary, Parliamentary Commission and posted to P.O. Box 7178 Kampala; or hand delivered to the Parliamentary Registry - Parliament Buildings, Room 112, 1st Floor, South Wing; Parliament of Uganda.
Deadline: Friday 2nd December, 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline