Job Title: Education Officer - ABLE Project
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Education Project Coordinator
Duty Station: Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
About ABLE Project:
World Vision has just signed a one-year partnership contract to implement a Quality Education project named Addressing Barriers to Learning (ABLE).The project will initially be implemented in 100 schools in the districts of Pader, Buliisa, Busia, Tororo and Butaleja in partnership with the districts and Core Primary teachers colleges. The project is very specific about improving school management and leadership, community engagement, improving teacher effectiveness and supporting inclusive education through child to child interventions.
Job Summary: The Education Officer - ABLE Project will actively contribute to achieving quality education through addressing barriers to learning and supporting the roll out of best practices and models in a manner that promotes systems strengthening, partnership ownership and sustainability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Planning and Implementation:
· Plan and coordinate all district based project activities in consultant with the Education project coordinator
· Supervise and monitor ongoing school based project activities.
· The incumbent will ensure quality in rolling out of education project models ensuring sufficient funds allocated to particular activities in annual plans
· Ensure that teachers and children are supported in breaking down models into simpler work breakdown structures for easy implementation
· Keenly track and manage activity budgets and ensure timely and cost effective project implementation.
· Prepare timely, accurate, compliant and quality reports
· Participate in project management meetings and reflection forums
· Support and participate in district education Advocacy initiatives
· Ensure cross cutting themes are mainstreamed in education project.
Technical Support and Training:
· Develop a district capacity building plan and mobilize participants for capacity building
· In charge of the mobilization of and conducting trainings to build capacities on education models
· Provide mentoring and coaching to teachers and district staff to build local capacity for understanding and connecting with community linkages.
· Identify technical experts to train district and community groups
· Work closely with the project coordinator for technical support on improving quality education
· Mobilization of CCTs, SMCs and PTAs and conducting trainings to build capacities in education models
· Provide mentoring and coaching to education community volunteers and teachers and local level capacity and local linkages to support innovation in education.
· Identify technical experts to train teachers and SMCs
· Work closely with the National Office Education technical specialist on staff capacity building in Education.
Partnership and Networking:
· Identify and build strategic linkages, relations, collaborations and networks with partners and other stakeholders in implementation at the District level.
· Mobilization of teachers and parents for project activities
· Participate and represent WVU in key technical working forums at district,
· Act as the point of contact for consultation on issues to do with project education programming.
· Conduct advocacy campaigns for education in general and girl child education in particular
Documentation and Reporting:
· Conduct school mapping and peer group mapping in preparation for project activities
· Effectively document all information related to project activities
· Responsible for capturing individual children attendance, performance and behavior indicators related to drop-out of children
· Document good practices and project success stories and share them
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The prospective World Vision Education Officer - ABLE Project employee should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, social science or any related field
· At least two years of practical experience in education programming
· Previous experience at working with youth and adolescents (including at risk youth) in schools
· Good training facilitation and coordination skills
· Excellent monitoring documentation and evaluation skills
· Previous experience in conducting school mapping and report writing
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 25th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline