Job Title: Electro-Mechanical Supervisor
Organisation: Future Options Consulting Ltd
Duty Station: Uganda
Future Options Consulting Ltd is an online recruitment services which now seeks to recruit on behalf of its valued Client, an international energy business with a portfolio of hydropower investments in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Electro-Mechanical Supervisor will oversee the delivery of the Project, and in particular to manage the delivery and performance of the electro-mechanical works of the EPC contractors.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supervision of the field electro-mechanical works to meet Project and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications.
· Regularly monitor and oversee the progress of the electro-mechanical works ensuring that they are completed in a safe manner that is within the budget, on time and to the required technical and quality standards.
· Supervise the electro-mechanical works developed on site by the EPC contractor to ensure the timely delivery of the following services:
o Review of the electro-mechanical engineering documentation (such as drawings, material specifications, testing plans and procedures, geotechnical hydraulic reports, topography, specifications, calculations, equipment lists, vendor packages) delivered by third parties to the appropriate professional standards and project requirements, identifying and explaining any deficiencies and risks
o Review of the electrical and mechanical engineering constructability design/method statements, interfaces across disciplines/sub-contractors, and respond to technical design and engineering challenges, providing troubleshooting solutions.
o Review the need and advise on potential variances or deviation; technical and program impacts.
· Actively participate in relevant project meetings and audits, and provide inputs for the reports and follow required checking procedures.
· Provide inputs for review of contractor payment applications, comparing progress against the overall project budget and the contract bill of quantities.
· Offer timely technical and engineering support to the Owner’s Engineer team or other third party contractor or the consultant appointed by the Company
· Identify and report issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required. Understanding and internal communication of the project requirements, monitor progress, Quality and ESG-H&S performance.
· Work closely within the project team, actively contributing to all project activities, in particular providing support and mentoring to junior members of the team, encouraging a culture of knowledge transfer and open learning.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal applicant must have at least eight to ten years of electro-mechanical supervisor experience.
· At least five years’ experience in hydropower engineering or construction.
· Preferably experience as a contractor and/or owner.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and orally.
· Computer literacy i.e. proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Microsoft Project
· Previous experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa is a strong preference.
· Possess a hands-on and proactive attitude towards construction issues and problem solving. Responsible and honest, must be a self-starter, with the ability to take responsibility for their own work, open to creativity.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications with updated curriculum vita including contacts of three professional referees to: The Director, Future Options Consulting Ltd, 4th Floor, Diamond Trust Building, Kampala Road, P.O. Box 34934, Kampala, Uganda via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Please include the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
Deadline: 24th November 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline