Job Title: Electrician
Organisation: Uganda Petroleum Institute Kigumba (UPIK)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Estates Engineer
Ref. No: GC/UPIK/2016/02
Uganda Petroleum Institute Kigumba (UPIK) was established by the Statutory instrument No. 31 of 2011: The Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions Acts, 2006 (Establishment of Uganda Petroleum Institute, Kigumba) in July, 2011. The mandate of UPIK is to provide a world-class education in geosciences and petroleum engineering in order to support and advance the petroleum and energy sectors in Uganda, East Africa and beyond.
Job Summary: The Electrician will conduct both planned and routine maintenance and repair tasks on a wide range of building services and equipment across the Institute estate.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will also identify all electrical faults that arise on a day-to-day basis within the entire institute estates.
· Conduct routine electrical maintenance tasks across the institute estates including, residential, academic, administration and workshop areas.
· Undertake small installation/alteration work as part of building refurbishment, or change of use.
· Follow all wiring and installation regulations based on the ERA requirements.
· Oversee installations by an outside contractors engaged by the Institute.
· Prepares and submits weekly, monthly, quarterly and any incidental reports.
· Prepare workplans and budgets in regards to ail electrical requirements.
· Orders and keep in stock all electrical parts (consumables and non-consumables) for emergency repairs.
· Perform any other duties as required by the relevant authority.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized institution with Advanced Craft Certificate-Part C in electrical installation from a recognized institution.
· Must be in possession of at least Class C Installation Permit of the Uganda Electricity Regulation Authority.
· At least three years’ practical experience in electrical installations and repairs, of multi-storied buildings with complex design and installation of light plants/equipment/machines up to a level of 415 V.
· Sound knowledge of Health and Safety issues
· Broad knowledge and understanding routine electrical systems;
· Good time management skills
· Show concern for quality, standards and regulations.
· Age: 25 - 40 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandans should submit in triplicate, their hand-written applications, clearly indicating telephone and email contacts. The signed application should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the post together with copies of certified academic documents, up to date CV and relevant supporting documents showing your experience. The application should be addressed to the Secretary, Governing Council, Uganda Petroleum Institute Kigumba, P. O. Box 167, Bweyale- Kiryandongo and be hand-delivered at the UPIK Reception in Kigumba. Applications delivered through registered mail and courier will be accepted as long as they are received before the deadline for submission.
Deadline: 11th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline