Job Title: Education Project Coordinator - ABLE Project
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Communications and Public Relations Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
About ABLE Project:
World Vision has just signed a one year partnership contract to implement a Quality Education project named Addressing Barriers to Learning (ABLE).The project will initially be implemented in 100 schools in the districts of Pader, Buliisa, Busia, Tororo and Butaleja in partnership with the districts and Core Primary teachers colleges. The project is very specific about improving school management and leadership, community engagement, improving teacher effectiveness and supporting inclusive education through child to child interventions.
Job Summary: The Education Project Coordinator - ABLE Project will provide innovative professional and operational support to enhance technical soundness of WVU Education programs in line with the World Vision education strategic direction and in accordance with the national and international education programming standards and priorities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will coordinate the UNICEF/ WV Quality Education project (Addressing Barriers to Learning (ABLE))
· Ensure that innovative teaching methodologies in the project are in line with the Education and life skills national office strategy
· Ensure the ABLE project activities are integrated within other sectors
· Supervise and monitor ongoing activities under the project
· Ensure quality timely implementation of project activities within acceptable and allowable limits
· Manage the ABLE project budget and submit timely financial reports
· Initiate and participate in education district and cluster Advocacy initiatives
· Technically support the National office education technical program manager in rolling out good practices
Capacity Building and Training:
· In charge of the mobilization of CCTs, SMCs and PTAs and conducting trainings to build capacities in education models
· Offer mentoring and coaching to education community volunteers and teachers and local level capacity and local linkages to support innovation in education.
· Identify technical experts to train teachers and SMCs
· Work closely with the National Office Education technical specialist on staff capacity building in Education.
Engagement and Networking:
· Identify and build strategic linkages, relations, collaborations and networks with partners and other stakeholders in implementation at the District level.
· Serve as the point of contact for consultation on issues to do with UNICEF/WV Education program
· Actively participate in all meetings involving quality education partners and the ministry
· Identify opportunities that present through networks and relationships with other institutions and organizations and NGOs working in the areas of improving quality education
· Support local level staff to facilitate local level advocacy
· Effectively document all information related to project successes and best practices and sharing it in education magazines and special newspaper publications.
· Create a bank of pictures, videos, aired radio programs and most significant change stories on the project in the ADPs.
· Responsible for capturing child wellbeing indicators literacy, numeracy and life skills in the pilot ADPs
· Support the ADP education periodic project output & outcome monitoring process.
Project Management and Coordination:
· Supervise, guide and provide technical support to partners and technical resource persons.
· Manage and coordinate education programme activity implementation at the ADP.
· Conduct field-based review meetings with project staff and local facilitators.
· Actively participate in developing project based on the detailed implementation plan, and project design processes
· Track financial management and budgets allocated for the project
· Prepare timely, accurate, compliant and quality reports to the direct supervisors.
· Support processes of project baselines and evaluation of ABLE project
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the World Vision Education Project Coordinator - ABLE Project job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Sciences or other degree with a diploma in education.
· At least three years of relevant experience in Education programming with reputable institution, national or international NGO
· Broad knowledge and understanding of education concepts and issues in development context especially in Uganda
· Working knowledge of the logical framework approach to project design, monitoring and evaluation/ project cycle management
· Working knowledge of data analysis software such as SPSS, Ms Excel, stata
· Demonstrated experience and skill in research, analysis and report writing
· Strong facilitation and presentation skills with a passion for sharing knowledge
· Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 25th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline