Job Title: ECF Project Coordinator
Organisation: Food for the Hungry (FH)
Duty Station: Uganda
Food for the Hungry (FH) is a Christian international relief and development organization that has been working in Uganda since 1989. FH’s primary goal is to respond to development needs and complex humanitarian emergencies. FH is currently operating programs in more than 26 countries and has national offices in the UK, Canada, Switzerland, Korea, United States of America and Japan. In Uganda, FH is operational in the communities of Pader, Kitgum, Lamwo, Agago, Kole, Kween, Mbale, and Mukono Districts implementing programs in four main sectors of Education; Food Security and livelihoods; Health/Nutrition and Disaster Risk Reduction; with the Head office located it Kampala.
FH Uganda will implement a Cluster Randomized Controlled Trial (C-RCT) involving the study of how the treatment of maternal depression can lead to improved nutrition outcomes in Uganda over a 33-month period beginning November 2016. The Project Coordinator is responsible for providing overall leadership and management of the project in Kitgum and ensuring smooth implementation of project activities.
Job Summary: The ECF Project Coordinator will ensure the quality of project implementation, ensure that all required reporting and documentation is completed with high quality and in a timely manner, and represent the project in forums and technical meetings.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide strategic leadership and management of the Eleanor Crook Foundation (ECF)-funded project – 80%
· Provide project activity and budgetary oversight and supervision and ensure that all planned activities, outputs and impacts are achieved over the life of the project
· Ensure that project activities are carried out according to the established Detailed Implementation Plan, working closely with the consultants involved in the C-RCT
· Ensure complete, timely and accurate project documentation, including writing high-quality monthly and annual reports as required by the donor
· Quickly respond to all information requests from the donor or stakeholders regarding the project on a timely basis
· Prepare cash flow requests for the project
· Manage and support monitoring and evaluation of the project and recommend adjustments to the project as needed based on intermediate results
· Ensure the Program Director is informed of all developments in the project
· Represent FH and the project at local forum or technical meetings
· Work with government and bilateral entities and Kitgum staff in order to oversee procurement for the project
Human Resource Management (20%)
· Actively participate in the identification and recruitment of staff assigned to the project
· Provide direct line management for assigned project staff (including the M&E Officer and four Supervisors who, in turn, supervise 21 project staff), ensuring that staff capacity building is ongoing; provide direct mentoring and leadership to the staffing structure
· Work in liaison with Human Resource Manager to coordinate and participate in annual performance reviews for project staff and ensure that all staff under his/her supervision are given proper induction and orientation on FH Uganda policies and the FH Vision, Mission and Values.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Food for the Hungry (FH) ECF Project Coordinator job opportunity must hold a Master’s degree in Public Health/Community Development/Project Planning and Management is preferred. The applicant must also hold a Bachelors degree in one of the following; Social Sciences, Education, Development Studies, Organizational Studies, Community Psychology.
· At least five years’ experience working at a senior management level (Program Manager; Project Advisor etc) with a well-respected international NGO in Uganda and/or East African Region.
· Have a vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ
· Christian commitment to serving the poor and full agreement with FH’s Vision, Mission, and
· Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
· Excellent program management experience; experience managing a multi-cultural program
· Excellent experience representing an international NGO at a senior level
· Solid understanding of qualitative and quantitative research, including RCTs
· Strong experience in budget management for institutional donor resources
· Working knowledge of monitoring and evaluation procedures and processes
· Ability to recruit, hire, manage and develop staff; strong mentoring capacity is essential
· Proficient in MS Office, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel
· Highly organized and efficient in time management
· Able to multi-task and juggle a wide variety of activities and responsibilities
· High degree of fluency in both written and spoken English and Luo
· Good writing skills for correspondence and report creation based on data synthesis
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret project and assessment qualitative and quantitative data and reports
· Ability to create and maintain project budgets
· Be a Ugandan citizen with experience working in INGOs within multi-sectoral fields
How to Apply:
All interested candidates are encouraged to send an updated CV and cover letter with three work-related referees including the most recent or current employer to the address or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 2nd December 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline