Job Title: District Coordinator-LLINs
Organization: Malaria Consortium
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
Salary: USD 13,654.68 per annum
About Malaria Consortium:
Malaria Consortium is the world’s leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the comprehensive control of malaria and other communicable diseases in Africa and Southeast Asia. Malaria Consortium works with communities, government and non-government agencies, academic institutions, and local and international organisations, to ensure good evidence supports delivery of effective services, providing technical support for monitoring and evaluation of programmes and activities for evidence-based decision-making and strategic planning. Malaria Consortium works to improve not only the health of the individual, but also the capacity of national health systems, which helps relieve poverty and support improved economic prosperity.
About LLIN Project:
Malaria Consortium is the lead agency supporting the Ministry of Health to distribute 24 million LLINs through the Universal LLINs distribution campaign in all districts in Uganda. The campaign will be funded jointly by government of Uganda and Partners including The Global Fund, DFID, USAID/PMI and Against Malaria Foundation. The LLINs distribution will be implemented starting in November 2016 for approximately 10 months.
Job Summary: The District Coordinator-LLIN will mainly be responsible for implementing field based LLIN distribution activities, financial management and coordination with the district, MoH and Malaria Consortium. The incumbent will ensure the quality of all activities related to LLINs distribution through regular liaison with MOH officials, district leaders and Village Health Teams (VHTs). To provide technical support to the district health teams (DHTs) and the VHTs to ensure quality household registration, LLINs distribution and data compilation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversee implementation of project activities in the project districts including (45%)
· Work in liaison with the Project Manager to ensure effective implementation of the LLIN distribution activities in any district in Uganda
· Actively participate in the development of periodic LLIN distribution work plans and budgets
· Take part in the district level planning meetings for the distribution activities
· Organize and participate in the training of district, sub-county, parish and village level teams involved in the distribution activities
· Be involved in supervising the registration of households, collection and compilation of household registration data, as well as supervising the actual LLIN distribution to beneficiaries. Manage and supervise field staff involved in the distribution exercise
· Be responsible for timely financial accountability for any disbursed funds
Monitoring and Evaluation (20%)
· Prepare district specific distribution reports; and participate in the preparation of the consolidated LLIN distribution report
· Take part in supervising the registration of households, collection and compilation of household registration data, as well as supervising the actual LLIN distribution to beneficiaries.
· Maintain regular communication with the Regional Coordinator and compile work plan updates from the field
· Prepare regular progress, trip and monthly reports to the line Manager in a timely manner and ensure that all the reports are filed
· Assist the M&E Officer to ensure that all relevant project documentation is disseminated to the district health teams.
· Participate in relevant meetings, presenting project results and experiences as required.
· Build effective and collaborative relationships with all project partners, including the district health teams, Health Workers and VHTs
· Ensure that complementary technical approaches are established with other stakeholders in similar geographical locations.
· Ensure effective coordination with and capacity building support to the district and community levels.
Communications (5%): Document field activities, case studies and experiences during the LLINs distribution
· Manage and supervise field staff (Sub-county supervisor) involved in the distribution exercise
· Provide oversight to Malaria Consortium equipment in the field including security for vehicles, computers and other office facilities
· Adhere to all project policies and procedures
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Malaria Consortium District Coordinator-LLIN job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher in health or social sciences field
· Previous experience in implementation of projects
· Good writing and communication skills
· Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of partners including MoH
· Familiarity with the Uganda LLIN mass campaign implementation guidelines
· Previous experience in conducting training
· Honest and able to manage and account for funds appropriately
· Broad knowledge and understanding of both preventive aspects of malaria control
· Familiarity with the strategies and guidelines of the Uganda National Malaria Control Programme
· Experience in using participatory adult learning techniques previous experience in mass campaign LLIN distribution activities is a plus.
· Competency in computer applications ( word, excel, power point)
· Excellent communication skills, with strong leadership skills and a supportive management style
· Excellent diplomacy and stakeholder liaison skills, and experience in working in partnerships to deliver programmes
Delivering Results: Focuses on delivering contribution to Malaria Consortium and achieving own objectives
· Puts in effort required to ensure the delivery of own work and objectives to meet (and exceed) expectations
· Strong self management of time and effort
· Checks own work to ensure quality
Analysis and use of information: Gathers information and identifies problems effectively
· Interprets basic written information
· Keen attention to detail
· Follows guidelines to identify issues
· Recognises problems within their remit
· Uses appropriate methods for gathering and summarising data
Interpersonal and Communications: Listens and clearly presents information
· Actively listens and pays attention
· Presents information and facts in a logical way
· Shares information willingly and on a timely basis
· Communicates honestly, respectfully and sensitively
Collaboration and partnering: Is a good and effective team player
· Is as a good and effective team player
· Knows who their customers are and their requirements.
· Respects and listens to different views/opinions
· Actively collaborates across teams to achieve objectives and develop own thinking
· Proactive in providing and seeking support from team members
Leading and motivating people: Manages own development and seeks opportunities
· Actively manages own development and performance positively
· Learns lessons from successes and failures
· Seeks and explores opportunities within Malaria Consortium which develop skills and expertise
Flexibility/ adaptability: Recognizes own stress levels and adapts
· Recognises limitations and take steps to manage any resulting pressure or stress
· Remains focused on objectives and goal in a rapidly changing environment
· Takes responsibility for own work and for the impact of own actions
Living the values: Promotes Malaria Consortium values amongst peers
· Shows a readiness to promote Malaria Consortium’s values amongst peers
· Promotes ethical and professional behaviour in line with Malaria Consortium’s values
Strategic planning and thinking and sector awareness: Manages own workload effectively
· Plans and manages own workload effectively
· Is familiar with Malaria Consortium’s mission and current strategic plan.
· Understands own contribution to Malaria Consortium’s objectives
How to Apply:
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply online at the web link below.
Deadline: 2nd December 2016 by 11:59 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline