Job Title: Driver
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
WaterAid’s Vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, hygiene and sanitation in the world’s poorest communities, WaterAid works with partners to maximize its impacts for policy change/influence. WaterAid works through supporting local organizations and government authorities to design low cost sustainable projects using appropriate and affordable technologies that can be managed by the community itself. WaterAid also seeks to influence the policy change through government and other key international organizations to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
Job Summary: The Driver will ensure the transportation of program staff, equipment, and materials required in the implementation of the country program’s activities. The jobholder will also be ensuring that all WaterAid vehicles are well maintained (routine service being done promptly) and repairs are done in approved
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Drive the project vehicles with strict adherence to local traffic laws and in accordance to programme rules and regulations pertaining to vehicles
· Ensure that vehicle usage log is updated regularly
· Conduct minor repairs and requirements on vehicles as required.
· Ensure vehicle is properly up-dated on insurance and licenses policies.
· Ensure that fuel consumption report is submitted as required
· Ensure that any damages or accidents to official vehicles are properly recorded and reported in accordance with rules and regulations
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the WaterAid Driver placement must hold an Ordinary level certification
· Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing;
· At least six years’ experience in driving a vehicle with 4 of these in a reputable NGO
· Working knowledge of written and oral English
· Ability to maintain activity reports
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs and motivation letters to: WAUrecruitment@wateraid.org including three work related referees. Emails should not exceed 2MB.
NB: In order to apply for this role, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Uganda.
Deadline: 16th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline