Job Title: Director Social Marketing
Organization: Program for Accessible health, Communication and Education (PACE)
Reports to: Executive Director
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Program for Accessible health, Communication and Education (PACE) is a Ugandan indigenous health organization leading solutions in the health market through the private sector. We deploy social marketing approaches to measurably improve the health of Ugandans.
Job Summary: The Director Social Marketing will drive PACE’s Social Marketing strategy and agenda, ensuring that evidence-based interventions are developed and implemented to contribute to the platform’s DALY, CYP, revenue and other targets. The incumbent will also ensure proper representation of PACE position among stakeholders and donors. The position holder serves as a member of the SMT and EMT with direct reporting to the Executive Director with dotted line reporting to the PSI Eastern Africa Regional Marketing Advisor.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Take lead in the development of the Social Marketing vision and strategy for the organisation to include Sales, Enterprise, Social and Behaviour Change Communication (SBCC) and Marketing (Strategic Leadership);
· Develop and achieve departmental goals in line with the organizational strategy and ensure that PACE is on track to achieve donor deliverables;
· Oversee the DELTA marketing planning process and ensure that marketing plans are submitted to PSI HQ within the set deadline and meet quality standards;
· Manage the development and implementation of enterprise business plans for selected commodities;
· Drive the development of PACE’s annual sales and trade development strategy;
· Identify and implement innovations to improve departmental and organizational efficiency in the delivery of Social Marketing objectives;
· Steward the development and implementation of Total Market Approach strategies for identified health areas;
· Regularly review the departments’ annual budgets prior to approval by the Executive Director and monitor adherence to them upon approval;
· Develop internal reporting tools and dashboards in collaboration with direct reports and the PACE IT department;
· Work in liaison with the Strategic Information and Learning (SIL) team to ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of Social Marketing interventions;
· Develop toolkits and guides for increasing capacity among staff in social marketing theory, best practices and innovations, (Capacity building);
· Lead internal and external dissemination of case studies, best practices, and success stories in collaboration with in-country stakeholders, donor representatives, and PSI. ( Knowledge management);
· Manage, develop, mentor and coach the Social Marketing Department staff to ensure optimal performance (People Management);
· Build good working relationships with PACE’s donors, partners, government representatives and other stakeholders, (Partnerships and PR);
· Lead PACE’s Public Affairs and Strategic Communications efforts, to ensure PACE’s positive brand image is upheld. (Partnerships and PR);
· Ensure the effective use and coordination of donor resources within the department’s Scope of Work, as well as compliance with financial systems, controls and relevant donor standards. (Financial management).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should hold a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Strategic Management, Communications, Marketing or Public Health; and a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Strategic Management, Communications, Marketing or Public Health.
· At least ten years’ experience in Sales and Marketing, Social and Behaviour Change Communication, Business Management Public Health, four (4) of which must be at management level;
· Previous experience in health marketing and community development; and
· Prior exposure and experience in Public Relations and Communications will be an added advantage.
· Proven ability to represent PACE and negotiate at the highest levels of government, donors and partner organisations;
· Excellent track record of working with large and diverse teams;
· Proven ability to perform internal control functions to manage day to day operations of the project;
· Fluent in English and must possess excellent oral and written communication.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidate should deliver updated resumes (CVs) and cover letter clearly indicating position applied for on the “top left-hand side of the envelope”, to the PACE Head Office Reception, addressed to Head of People and Culture, PACE, at Plot 2 Ibis Vale-Kololo, P.O. Box 27659 Kampala
E-mail to: email@example.com and kindly include the job title in the subject of your email.
Deadline: 21st November, 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline