Job Title: Director Programs
Organization: Program for Accessible health, Communication and Education (PACE)
Reports to: Executive Director
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Program for Accessible health, Communication and Education (PACE) is a Ugandan indigenous health organization leading solutions in the health market through the private sector. We deploy social marketing approaches to measurably improve the health of Ugandans.
Job Summary: The Director Programs will provide strategic guidance to program design, execution and review in line with PACE and national health policies. The incumbent will be serving as a member of the SMT and EMT this position’s primary responsibility is to ensure organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the organization’s Programs, Regional Operations and Strategic Information and Learning functions. The position also contributes to the fundraising efforts and maintaining good relations with donors, government and other external stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide strategic leadership and technical oversight to all PACE programs and projects
· Explore potential programs areas and opportunities for innovation, design and review program strategies to ensure alignment to national policies and donor commitment
· Initiate and develop concepts that promote PACE as a key partner at national at national level committees and foster good relationship with PACE stakeholders.
· The incumbent will initiate, develop and monitor the implementation of strategies for the fundraising and build capacity of relevant staff in proposal writing
· Initiate, develop and review the SMART annual objectives with the Heads of Programs, field operations and Strategic Information and learning (SIL) that are linked to platform minimum standards, platform strategic plan and donor deliverables.
· Initiate, develop and monitor the implementation of program integration strategy to improve work efficiencies
· The jobholder will initiate the PACE external relations/advocacy strategy and monitor its execution
· Develop systems and procedures for tracking and appraising the Heads of Programs, SIL and Regional Operations Departments;
· Initiate, review and monitor risk management systems, policies and procedures for the Programs, SIL and Regional Operations
· Develop and review systems, policies, operational plans and guidelines for the organization in relation to the PACE strategic pillars.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should hold a Master’s degree in Public Health or Medicine or Health management or International health or any other related degree;
· A minimum of six (6) years of project management experience of public health projects.
· A minimum of five (5) years in a senior level management position;
· Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, PACE Stake holders including donors
· Previous exposure and experience in leading large donor supported programs in strategic planning, financial management and performance monitoring are essential.
· Good technical knowledge of the health areas and national health context;
· Proven ability to mobilize funds (write fundraising proposals)
· Demonstrated ability to perform internal control functions to manage day to day operations of the project
· Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
· Possess an entrepreneurial team player who can multitask and ability to work under pressure
· Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
· Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise;
· Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidate should deliver updated resumes (CVs), copies of certificates, references, and cover letter clearly indicating position applied for on the “top left-hand side of the envelope”, to the PACE Head Office Reception, addressed to Head of People and Culture, PACE, at Plot 2 Ibis Vale-Kololo, P.O. Box 27659 Kampala
E-mail to: email@example.com and kindly include the job title in the subject of your email.
Deadline: 21st November, 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline