Job Title: Director of Programmes
Organisation: Forum for Women in Democracy (FOWODE)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
Forum for Women in Democracy is a non-partisan Women’s rights organization operating in Uganda with its head office in Kampala. FOWODE grew out of the Women’s Caucus of the 1994 – 1995 Constituency Assembly (CA) that debated and passed the 1995 Constitution. The organization’s mission is to promote gender equality in all areas of decision making through Capacity Development, Community Empowerment, Policy Engagement and Strategic Partnerships.
Job Summary: The Director of Programmes will ensure that the organization’s programs are sustainable. The DoP is part of senior management and works with the Executive Director in developing and overseeing the organization’s programs. The incumbent plays a critical role in strategic thinking and ensures that programs and projects link to the organization strategy. S/he participates in fundraising for the organization’s work. Additionally, s/he deputizes the Executive Director.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Initiate and monitor the implementation of FOWODE programmes in line with the Vision, Mission and Objectives of the organization.
· Manage all programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation to ensure attainment of planned results within set timelines.
· Actively participate in fundraising for the organization and identify and develop partnerships and alliances relevant to the programme in particular and the organization in general
· Oversee and provide technical support to the organisation’s programs
· Offer technical support to improve the performance of the staff in resource mobilization, monitoring, impact assessment and analytical report writing skills.
· Develop short term plans that address the strategic plan
· Prepare programme reports for the Board of Directors and Donors/Partners
· Guide management on how effectively the organization’s programs can contribute to gender equality in Uganda
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold an advanced degree in Political Science, Law, Human Rights or any other relevant field. A Masters degree will be an added advantage
· Additional qualifications in Project Planning and Management and or Monitoring and Evaluation will be an added advantage.
· A minimum of five years’ experience in program management in an NGO.
· Three years’ experience in high level management and supervision of staff
· Significant experience of programme design and successful fundraising including proposal development
· Strong skills in conceptual, analytical, and strategic thinking
· Previous exposure and experience of effective networking with peers, donors and government
· Excellent knowledge and appreciation of women’s rights and gender
· Ability to understand and interpret financial statements
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
· Computer literacy with working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Power point.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications, updated CVs with copies of academic documents to: email@example.com and copy in firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to:
The Executive Director
Forum for Women in Democracy (FOWODE)
P.O. Box 7176, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 25th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline