Job Title: Director of Finance
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Country Director
WaterAid’s Vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, hygiene and sanitation in the world’s poorest communities, WaterAid works with partners to maximize its impacts for policy change/influence. WaterAid works through supporting local organizations and government authorities to design low cost sustainable projects using appropriate and affordable technologies that can be managed by the community itself. WaterAid also seeks to influence the policy change through government and other key international organizations to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
Job Summary: The Director of Finance will provide hands-on management of CP finances, overall control of all financial aspects of WAU strategy, recommending and advising on growth avenues for the CP. The Director will coordinate and manage financial policies ensuring efficient and effective provision of financial and systems and support.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
o Support financial decision making through consolidation of information and provision of narrative for management accounts
o Lead the financial forecasting process to produce relevant, accurate and timely financial forecasts across WaterAid Resource
· Mobilization and Grant Management:
o Work closely with Resource Mobilization team and provide necessary support Act as point person for grants compliance and Control
o The incumbent will develop, implement and maintain financial management procedures, risk assessments and control measures to manage, monitor and audit transactions across the Country Programme
o Ensure compliance with WaterAid’s overall policies, good practice standards, external donor requirements and national laws and regulations, identifying corrective measures as required
· Strategic Management:
o Provide leadership to the development of and maintenance CPs Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimise the financial performance and strategic position.
o Actively contribute to the implementation of the strategic plan for the Country Programme, plans and policies to support the strategic plan.
· Staff Management, Development and Organisation Learning: Lead, manage, motivate and develop team members in area of responsibility in order to maximise their contribution to the team, organisation and their own professional development
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the WaterAid Director of Finance job placement must be a qualified Chartered/ Cost Accountant having the membership of The Institute of Chartered Accountants or any other recognized accountancy body MBA with major in Finance / Accounting from a reputed university or Proven track record of leading and managing the Finance function in an international or national NGO with diversified workforces.
· At least twelve years’ experience with 6 in a senior management position.
· Expertise of leading, managing, and motivating others and building high performing teams Significant relevant and proven experience preferably in NGOs that includes: Leading, developing and implementing strategy Developing and managing strategic relationships to achieve common goals and objectives
· Extensive skill in both disciplines of Financial Accounting and Management Accounting Skills to use different technological resources (computer, multimedia projector, internet, email, computer aided systems etc.)
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications with updated curriculum vita including contacts of three professional referees to: The Director Executive Recruitments, Future Options Consulting Ltd, 4th Floor, Diamond Trust Building, Kampala Road, P.O. Box 34934, Kampala, Uganda via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Please include the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
Deadline: 10th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline