Job Title: Director of Finance & Administration
Organisation: FHI 360
Funding Source: United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
Reports to: Chief of Party
Job ID: 17804
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a leading global development organization dedicated to improving lives around the world. Our professional staff includes experts in education, health, nutrition, economic development, civil society and environment as well as cross-cutting experts in gender issues, research, applied science, behavior change and Technology giving us the unique mix of capabilities to address today's diverse and interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world.
About USAID Project:
FHI 360 implements the USAID-funded integrated health services project in Northern Uganda. The project will work to increase utilization of HIV/AIDS, MNCH, malaria, nutrition and TB services.
Job Summary: The Director of Finance & Administration will give overall leadership and coordination of financial management and administration of the project by promoting financial stewardship and accountability in all project operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide leadership to finance and operations aspects of the project, including general administrative processes, financial management, sub award management, accounting, and logistics
· Ensure compliance of financial and operations systems with FHI 360 policies and procedures, USAID rules and regulation, award requirements, and Government of Uganda laws
· Develop, analyze and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets
· Oversee and manage all sub award processes and grants programs under the project
· Offer technical support to local partners on financial compliance and reporting
· Manage project procurement processes
· Keenly review and approve recommendations for financial planning and control, providing relevant fiscal information to executive management team.
· Advise senior leadership regularly on financial and operations-related matters
· Prepare and submit annual and quarterly financial and accrual reports to USAID
· Manage and liaise with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial and administrative practices and records
· Manage a finance and operations team in charge of budgeting, financial reporting, accounting, administration
· Has senior level responsibility for the budget and general finance function / staff in a large region or division, or at the overall corporate level.
· Translates the company’s financial strategies into tactical plans, reporting requirements, procedures and processes.
· Responsibilities include developing and overseeing financial plans and policies, accounting practices and procedures, and ensuring that the organization’s financial and strategic goals are attained.
· Works closely with all areas of finance to include Contract Billing & Revenue Recognition, Cost & Pricing, Financial Systems, Internal Audit, and Financial Compliance. Oversees the final content and distribution of all financial reports for external and internal entities.
· Ensures budget reflects current business operations and adjusts qualitative and quantitative analytics to reflect changing business environment, as needed. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the USAID Project FHI 360 Director of Finance & Administration career opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting, finance, business administration or related field is required
· At least nine years’ experience in financial management, including 5 years overseeing the finance and operations of large and complex USAID-funded projects
· At least five years’ experience in managing sub-grants
· Broad knowledge in generally-accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control principles
· Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets
· Previous exposure and experience building capacity in financial management of community-based organizations and implementing partners
· Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with NGO partners, community-based organizations and international donor agencies
· Demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of financial management expertise
· Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English
· Ability to work independently and manage a high volume work flow
· Relevant computer software skills and familiarity with accounting software (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office)
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the USAID FHI360 project in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to apply online at the web link below. Please specify source i.e. theugandanjobline.com website in your application and quote the Requisition ID provided on the subject line while sending your application, CV/resume including salary requirements.
Deadline: 11th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline