Job Title: Director Funding and Strategy
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Country Director
WaterAid’s Vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, hygiene and sanitation in the world’s poorest communities, WaterAid works with partners to maximize its impacts for policy change/influence. WaterAid works through supporting local organizations and government authorities to design low cost sustainable projects using appropriate and affordable technologies that can be managed by the community itself. WaterAid also seeks to influence the policy change through government and other key international organizations to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
Job Summary: The Director Funding and Strategy will steer the strategic plan delivery and review through enhancing the scale and quality of WaterAid’s programme work, ensuring its quality documentation and communication. The incumbent will take lead in technical program management initiatives, M&E effectiveness, and championing organisation wide cross learnings. The jobholder will also lead all fundraising efforts for WAU including planning, managing and ensuring the delivery of an agreed fundraising budget in a bid to accelerate the growth of fundraising across a diversified range of funding streams to achieve long term, sustainable CP growth.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Routinely monitor, analyse and provide leadership on the implementation of Water Aid Uganda’s Country Programe strategy, and ensure that CP strategic and operational objectives are achieved effectively.
· Act as main lead on organizational planning and reviews as a means to effective implementation of County Strategic objectives and global aims.
· Be a resource to the organisation by providing advice, counsel, and coaching to teams in quality assurance.
· Build partnerships and relationships which generate donor funding.
· Researching, identifying and cultivating potential donors, managing and implementing a fundraising action plan covering WAU’s major donors to satisfy current donor needs and maintain oversight of fundraising.
· Take lead in the development and implementation of a fundraising strategy that underpins strategic goals to accelerate income growth in a sustainable manner across a diverse range of income streams, build capacity for fundraising and embed a culture of fundraising across the country program teams
Donor Compliance and Reporting:
· Monitor and coordinate compliance with donor requirements, including grant reporting
· Ensure contractual funding requirements are met and delivered on time (reports, donor visits, evaluations, audits, etc.), and utilization of funds does not exceed the budget.
· Provide quality assurance for all aspects of donor reporting.
Grants and Contracts Management:
· Lead relationships management with donors.
· Negotiate any required contract amendments or addendums with the donor or member fundraising teams during the grant period.
· Primary point of contact at CP for donors, Regional Funding Manager, and member fundraising teams by responding to queries in a timely effective manner.
Coordination & Networking: Identify, develop and service sector strategic partnerships as well as co‐ordination of key stakeholders in a bid to maintain good relationships with relevant agencies, institutions, donors and government officials at national, regional and district levels.
Staff Management, Development and Organisation Learning: Provide technical support and on-going on-the-job training and coaching to staff in management and or technical subjects, including in particular a thorough induction at the start of their contract.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the WaterAid Director Funding and Strategy job placement must hold an MBA with focus in Organisational Development, Marketing, public relations or social sciences Knowledge of and training in strategic planning, Organisational leadership, relationship building, Program planning and Quality assurance Project and fund management
· At least twelve years’ experience with six years at senior level working in a developing country and/or humanitarian context.
· Successfully leading, managing, building high performing teams and developing capacity in professional finance teams.
· Advanced written and spoken English
· Previous exposure and experience in preparing budgets & developing monitoring and reporting systems.
· Demonstrable experience and competence in networking and effective relationship building.
· High level of diplomacy and tact
· Working knowledge of international relationships and reporting requirements Risk analysis and risk management experience
· Highly Creative, Analytical and Strategic Thinking
· Significant exposure and experience in leading on participative monitoring and impact assessment Delivering WaterAid’s message appropriately Strong ability to multi-task and work independently
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications with updated curriculum vita including contacts of three professional referees to: The Director Executive Recruitments, Future Options Consulting Ltd, 4th Floor, Diamond Trust Building, Kampala Road, P.O. Box 34934, Kampala, Uganda via email to: email@example.com
NB: Please include the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
Deadline: 10th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline