Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Chief of Party
Duty Station: Mbale, Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
About USAID Project:
World Vision is implementing a five-year, USAID program which is expected to support the delivery of integrated services and health system strengthening in 23 districts in Eastern Uganda with an estimated total population of 5.3 million people. Key aims of the Project include increased availability of health services, increased accessibility to health services, improved quality of health services, enhanced enabling environment for health care delivery and increased health seeking behavior and practices supported by district-led health system strengthening interventions.
Job Summary: The Director Community Health Systems and Services for the Regional Health Integrated Services Project in Eastern Uganda will provide overall leadership ensuring technical support, compliance, efficiency and complete adherence to the project requirements for the WV component.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist the Chief of Party in the design, implementation, technical assistance provision and monitoring of high impact, integrated community delivery packages in supported districts, HFs and target communities to achieve sustainable behavior change, and to increase demand and utilization of health services.
· The incumbent will provide general oversight of all technical assistance in the development of community system strengthening interventions.
· The incumbent will provide guidance and support to the Chief of Party, Ministry of Health (MOH) and PEPFAR/USAID in the development of policies that promote strong community health systems and will identify and track new opportunities for synergies.
· Mentor and supervise a team of technical staff that provides direct technical and other assistance to districts, HFs, and communities in the component of community health systems and services.
· Build and maintain a strong working partnership with the MOH, PEPFAR/USAID, and supported district health teams, HFs, and communities.
· Actively participate in the development of the project strategic and operational plans, overseeing the development and successful implementation of the CSS capacity building annual work plans.
· Offer support to strengthen the network model to ensure that all levels of the network are supported to improve linkages and referrals throughout the system.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The prospective World Vision Director Community Health Systems and Services employee should hold a Master’s Degree or Higher in Community Health or Public Health
· At least ten years of progressively increasing responsibility in managing comprehensive and integrated health programs in developing countries.
· Extensive experience working on large-scale ($10 million or larger) USAID-funded projects and strong understanding of USAID project management policies, procedures and reporting strongly preferred;
· Significant exposure and experience in community systems strengthening with demonstrated leadership skills and experience in working collaboratively with donors, host country institutions and international organizations.
· Ability to work effectively in a team consisting of people with different technical backgrounds and with varying levels of technical training skills, including the ability to facilitate relationships, interact effectively with clients and colleagues, and mentor junior technical staff.
· Excellent organizational, analytical, and oral and written communication skills (in English).
· Demonstrated managerial, supervisory and interpersonal skills.
· Proven ability to deliver results and meet all donor deliverables.
· Must be authorized to work in Uganda.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 18th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline