Job Title: Dean - Business and Management
Organisation: Victoria University (VU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Vice Chancellor
Victoria University is a state-of-the- art world class cosmopolitan university located in the heart of Kampala with a multi-cultural student population and are licensed and accredited by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE), offering the best practical and high quality education in the regional markets. Victoria University stands out as a pivot of academic excellence, with a fresh and intellectually thriving environment that nurtures critical and progressive thinkers. Our programmes include: - Foundation Program; Certificate & Short Courses, Diploma Courses; Under Graduate Programs, Executive & Professional Programs such as IP3 Accredited Certifications.
Job Summary: The Faculty Dean will supervise, teach, promote research studies, disseminate research findings, and participate in Community Service.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare well-researched lectures and delivering them to undergraduate and postgraduate students.
· The incumbent will set tests, examinations and course work in accordance with University policy and regulations.
· Administer and invigilate tests and examinations according to University policy and regulations.
· Mark tests, course works and examination scripts, compiling and grading examination results in accordance with University policy and regulations.
· Guide and advice students on their academic findings through conferences, seminars and publications.
· Supervise undergraduate and post graduate students undertaking research projects.
· Carry out seminars and tutorials.
· Mentor lecturers and Assistant Lecturer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate Dean- Business and Management must hold a PhD degree in specific Faculty based area specialization from a recognized University.
· A minimum of five years of teaching experience at any level in institution of higher learning.
· The applicant should have at least two (2) internationally recognized peer reviewed publications in the field of specialization.
· Be an active leader who possesses entrepreneurial spirit and managerial excellence regarding all aspects of University operations including selection and retention of faculty staff for institutional development and student services
· Have a proven track record of research and publications in peer reviewed journals and/or monographs and books
· Academic and senior administrative managerial experience of at least five years.
· Be a highly motivated visionary academic leader with extensive professional experience of strategic planning, building partnerships and leading academic operations at departmental or faculty level.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an application together with the following:
· A detailed, signed and up-to-date Curriculum Vita of the applicant plus names and contacts of three referees.
· Copies of the candidate’s academic documents.
The sealed applications marked “CONFIDENTIAL”: POSITION APPLIED FOR on the top right-hand corner of the envelope that must be forwarded or delivered to reach the University Secretary on the address indicated below, not later than Friday 11th November 2016 at 04.00 pm East African time.
Applications should be addressed to: University Secretary, P.O. Box 30866, Kampala.
E-mail applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday 11th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline