Job Title: Data Management Coordinator
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Epicentre is a non-profit organization created in 1986 by Médecins Sans Frontières, whose activities include research, field epidemiology and training. Epicentre follows its activities from Paris, Geneva, Brussels, Barcelona, New-York, Cape Town and from research centres in Uganda and Niger.
Job Summary: The Data Management Coordinator will primarily be responsible for the organization of the data management team and will provide strong technical expertise and mentorship to the data manager. The data management team is composed of 5 data officers, one assistant data manager and one data manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Management of data team:
· Responsible for the organization of the work in the data management team.
· Mentor and support the data manager in supervising the data officers and define tasks and priorities on a daily basis, depending on the activity, in order to optimize the productivity of the team.
· Ensure that data entry team sets and meets data entry deadlines in keeping with the work load and study needs.
· Responsible for streamlining communication within the data management team and between the data management team and other teams such as the laboratory and clinical team regarding data management issues.
· Attend the management meeting of the Center.
· Actively contribute to monthly reports and actively participate in discussions and meetings related to the set-up and the follow-up of each study.
· Responsible for the evaluation of each member of the data management team.
Technical expertise to the data management team: The DMC will provide a strong technical expertise to the data management team to improve the team capacity in the following areas.
· Supervise the data manager in the development of databases. This includes providing technical advice for database modeling and providing support in database development.
· Responsible for the introduction of new data capture softwares (RedCap and OpenClinica) and provide regular trainings for the data manager and the assistant data manager on these tools (development and maintenance of databases, data entry, and data cleaning).
· Ensure standards of procedures for data entry and data quality.
· Work in liaison with the Principal Investigator (PI) for each study and the data manager to perform regular data cleaning in an external statistical package (STATA) and to provide listings and queries and to ensure corrections in the database.
· Ensure Good Clinical Practices for data management.
Laboratory Data Management:
· Communicate with the laboratory coordinator regarding data management issues.
· Organize and supervise the data entry for the laboratory databases (including the Tuberculosis (TB) laboratory database and the storage database) and the data manager to provide the monthly laboratory TB report.
· Provide methodological advice to the study PI for data analysis during and/or at the end of the study.
· Develop external automatic programs with the data manager to help with project follow-up according to the needs and provide reports to the PI or any other external committee, on demand.
· Provide training in STATA and data analysis to the data manager and other researchers depending on the needs.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Master of Science (MSc) in data management, statistics or epidemiology
· Significant knowledge of Good Clinical Practices and Good Data Management Practices in clinical trials
· Good knowledge of OpenClinica and RedCap
· Full English proficiency, French a plus
· Previous experience in team management required
· Good knowledge of STATA software, other software a plus
· Prior exposure and experience in database development and advanced statistical analysis preferred
· Excellent communication skills
· Previous experience of cross cultural environment
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online by filling the form below.
Deadline: 22nd November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline