Job Title: In-Charge Field Recording
Organisation: National Animal Genetic Resources Centre and Data Bank (NAGRC&DB)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Deputy Technical Manager, Breeding
The National Animal Genetics Resources Centre and Data Bank, (NAGRC&DB) is a body corporate under the Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries whose mandate is to take a leading role in establishing a comprehensive National Animal Breeding Programme in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Compiles and collates records of breeding activities received field stations.
· The jobholder verifies field reporting for compliance to field reporting protocols and advises field staff accordingly.
· Captures submitted field records into the Centre database.
· Sensitizes farmers and Breeder Associations/ Societies and supports them to correctly record breeding activity.
· Prepares and submits routine reports as requested in compliance with the information and reporting policy of the Centre.
· Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the immediate Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Diploma or Bachelors in Business Information Technology, Veterinary Sciences, Agriculture Sciences from a recognized institution.
· A minimum of three years’ experience in livestock recording.
· Broad knowledge in Data entry and analysis programmes like Interherd, SAS, SPPS is an added advantage
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their updated CVs, applications, testimonials and three professional referees (one of whom should be work-based) to;
The Executive Director,
Attn: Human Resource / Administration,
National Animal Genetic Resources Centre and DataBank (NAGRC & DB)
P.O. Box 183, Entebbe-Uganda.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 28th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline