Job Title: Data Analyst
Organization: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Project Name: USAID Uganda Health Supply Chain UHSC Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: National Malaria Control Program (NMCP) - Program Manager (Ministry of Health) Senior Technical Officer, NMCP
Job ID: 13-9285
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is an international non-profit health organization composed of nearly 2500 people from more than 74 nationalities working in over 50,countries. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with our partners, we are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest health impact.
About USAID UHSC Project:
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is implementing a USAID-funded project called the Uganda Health Supply Chain, a five year program supporting the Government of Uganda’s health system to improve the availability and accessibility of essential medicines and health supplies (EMHS). The expected results of are to: 1) strengthen national policies and strategies and support cost-effective, equitable, and transparent utilization of EMHS resources; 2) strengthen country capacity for effective management and utilization of EMHS; and 3) increase availability and access of EMHS among priority populations.
Job Summary: The Data Analyst will work in close collaboration with the Universal Coverage Campaign (UCC) operations sub-committee of the national coordination committee and the National Malaria Control Program (NMCP) team through operationalization of the electronic database.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Carry out data review and analysis for the entered data
· In charge of the identification of outliers and their possible source
· Aggregating the data
· Performing graphical presentations
· Ensuring data integrity
· The Data Analyst will be developing programs, scripts and plans for data analysis
· Determining delivery methods and information requirements.
· Extracting meaning out of the data
· Preparing presentations from the analysis to deliver the findings to different audiences
· Writing reports from the data analysis
· Supporting data use and dissemination processes through the National Malaria Control Program.
· Develop or prepare;
o Quantification of the Long Lasting Insecticidal Net (LLINs) needs per sub-county by district to inform the loading order and plan
o Prepare update status reports for household registration and distribution
o Prepare status reports on the LLINs UCC risks trucking plan/dashboard for action
o Detailed campaign LLINs UCC report
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Management Sciences for Health Data Analyst career placement must hold a Bachelor degree in Mathematics, Economics, or Computer Science.
· Possession of post-graduate qualifications in areas of statistics, demography, epidemiology, biostatistics, or information systems is desirable.
· A minimum of three years’ experience in analyzing very large and complex household level data sets
· Additional training or demonstrable skills in database systems and excel spreadsheets.
· Good IT skills.
· Excellent database management skills and statistical analytical skills.
· Keen attention to details and being able to establish right priorities.
· Ability to work in several tasks at the same time.
· Highly flexible and creative.
· Excellent organizational skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the Management Sciences for Health in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by clicking on the link below.
Deadline: 4th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline