Job Title: Credit Analyst
Organization: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Credit Manager
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank's regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Credit Analyst will determine our customers’ creditworthiness. The incumbent will analyze financial data to assess the likelihood of a borrower honouring his/her financial obligations. The jobholder will be responsible for general guideline and direction on the implementation of best practice policies and procedures. He/she will work directly with branch managers to ensure 100% compliance with the organization’s credit lending policies and procedures
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assess creditworthiness of existing or prospective clients
· Examine financial transactions and credit history case by case (applications, statements, balance sheets, legal documents etc)
· Complete ratio, trend and cash flows analyses and create projections
· Develop and delivering of staff training programs covering appraisal techniques and recovery.
· Ensure adherence, refinement and development of institutional policies and procedures.
· Continuously instilling a professional risk awareness culture within the institution
· Support branches in assessment of loans for exceptional approval by the various Credit Approval Committees.
· Carefully analyse data and produce clear and objective daily, weekly and monthly credit performance reports to management.
· Ensure all client loan documentation is in conformity with the policies and procedures
· Maintain a clean Loan Portfolio at Risk not exceeding 5% PAR1day at any one time.
· Ensure that quality loan decisions are made at Credit Committee level across the whole branch network and routinely monitor loans for compliance
· Drive the overall profitability of the organization by implementing cost controls and income generation efforts especially from the written off loans and monitoring expenses to ensure compliance to budget.
· Draft models of credit information that predict trends and patterns
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the UGAFODE Credit Analyst job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Statistics or related field from a recognized university.
· At least three years relevant working experience in a financial institution
· Professional credibility and high integrity
· Proven working experience as a credit analyst
· Proficiency in statistical packages and financial software
· Up to date with legal, compliance and market risk related issues
· Ability to analyze cash flows, leverage, collateral and customer strength
· Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
· Sound judgement
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications which should include a cover letter and an up-to-date detailed CV, certified copies of complete academic transcripts and professional certificates. Your applications should include names of three professional referees and a day-time telephone contact. Send them to:
Head of Human Resources,
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI),
Silva Arcade, Plot 62 Bombo Road,
P.O. Box 30815, Kampala. Uganda
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 2nd December, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline