Job Title: Country Director (CD)
Organization: mothers2mothers (m2m)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
mothers2mothers (m2m) is an international non-governmental organization based in Cape Town, SA, dedicated to providing education and support to pregnant women and mothers living with HIV, and preventing mother-to-child transmission. Since its inception, m2m has reached more than one million mothers in seven countries. Founded in Cape Town in 2001, m2m is a partner in the United Nations’ Global Plan towards the Elimination of New HIV Infections among Children by 2015 and Keeping their Mothers Alive.
Job Summary: The Country Director (CD) will strategically lead the development, expansion and implementation of the mothers2mothers (m2m) operations in Uganda with the support of a multi-disciplinary in-country team ensuring alignment to the m2m strategic plan and organizational direction. To ensure quality programming and organisational success, the CD will draw on resources from the Head Office departments of finance, human resources, communications, business development, operations, strategic information and programmes and technical support.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Resource Mobilisation, Business Development and Relationships:
· Steer the development, expansion, implementation and review of m2m operations, country strategy and operational plans aligned to the organisation’s strategic plan.
· Lead the design, implementation, and improvement of all m2m programme activities in Uganda, including strategic innovations related to scale up of geographical and technical scope, aligned to donors, MOH, and m2m priorities.
· Build partnerships and generate financial commitments to sustain and expand m2m’s programming in Uganda in line with organisational objectives and identified needs, including leadership for proposal development. Identify and liaise with m2m business development staff to respond to opportunities.
· Manage establishment of m2m presence in new areas and future expansion of m2m programming and the continuous quality improvement of existing programme services through programmatic assessment and evaluation.
· Build and manage relationships with donors and serve as the liaison to senior leaders in partner organisations
· Represent m2m with international, national, and regional stakeholders, partners, government, and donors in promotion of the organisation’s strategic objectives, ensuring m2m’s active involvement in key national and regional processes.
Programme Management Oversight:
· Build, maintain and manage effective and efficient organisational operating systems to support programme service delivery such as finance, administration, IT, and HR.
· Ensure the sound implementation and ongoing evaluation of all country-level operating systems, policies and procedures.
· Actively facilitate the employment, development, and performance management of in-country staff with the support of m2m Head Office, promoting teamwork and the values, mission, vision and culture of m2m at all levels.
· Oversee the implementation of evidence programs using Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning methodologies that contribute towards the growth of m2m body of knowledge.
· Provide leadership for strategy development, Operational planning and annual budgeting processes in line with agreed priorities.
Finance, Grants and Compliance:
· Ensure the timely submission of high quality donor reports, record-keeping, and compliance to all relevant donor requirements.
· Ensure the effective use of financial resources at all levels (including the utilisation of budget tracking, expenditure analysis, and forecasting), holding fiduciary responsibility for m2m in Uganda.
· Hold responsibility for corporate governance for m2m Uganda, ensuring compliance with all legal requirements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a Masters’ degree in public health, international development, management, or a related field
· The Country Director should have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in public health management
· A minimum of three years in a management position, supervising senior staff, in an international or intercultural environment at the national / country level
· Programming experience and technical competence in HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, and RMNCH
· Demonstrated success in organizational representation, fund development, donor and partner relationship management
· Familiarity with public health, Ministry of Health and the donor and national leadership context, systems and processes in Uganda
· Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to translate organizational vision into concrete action
· Advanced skills in strategic and analytical thinking, problem-solving, decision-making and negotiation
· Demonstrated excellent writing ability
· Strong financial management skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to conduct relationships with senior level managers, government officials and public health staff
· Determination, resourcefulness
· High level of computer literacy (MS Office Suite)
· Exhibit passion for m2m’s vision and mission
· Fluency in English essential
How to Apply:
All those excited about serving in this prestigious NGO should send their applications online at the link below
Deadline: 8th December 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline