Job Title: UCSIP Coordinator
Organization: Uganda Civil Society Immunization Platform (UCSIP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: UCSIP Steering Committee
The GAVI Alliance initiated the GAVI Civil Society Strengthening Project to establish a Uganda Civil Society Immunization Platform (UCSIP), which is coordinated by MACIS, that brings on board Civil Society Organizations of different types including community based organizations (CBOs), faith‐based organizations (FBOs), non‐governmental organizations (NGOs), professional associations, academic and research institutions and organizations representing key affected population groups which are committed to working with governments and Alliance partners to achieve the GAVI strategic goals.
Job Summary: The UCSIP Coordinator will oversee the implementation, reporting, financial accounting, and all additional program management responsibilities related to the Gavi CSO Project. The UCSIP Coordinator will serve as the primary focal person for the Gavi CSO project implementation within Uganda and will work on behalf of the Uganda Civil Society Immunization Platform (UCSIP). The Coordinator will also be responsible for overseeing all work done by UCSIP to ensure its conformity with CRS policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Offer technical support to the CSO network to better understand and address the role of civil society in improving immunization outcomes within the country
· Support UCSIP to develop strong relationships with other CSO networks, government offices working on immunization interventions, and development partners
· The incumbent will identify and share UCSIP technical needs with CRS Uganda.
· Share Gavi and national technical and resource materials with CSO network members, CRS Uganda team, Ministry of Health and Development Partners
· Ensure CSO members participate in project activities (workshops, trainings, webinars, and surveys)
· Support the CSO network in identifying organizational strengths and weaknesses and designing ways and means to strengthen their technical capacity to manage the organization
· Support UCSIP to develop a strategic plan for the continuation of the organization beyond the CRS/Gavi funded project period and to develop appropriate funding streams to ensure sustainability
· Lead proposal development activities for the platform
· Ensure the platform remains updated on National immunization priorities and participates in relevant immunization working groups.
· Assist UCSIP in planning, designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating as well as reporting of activities.
· Regularly review UCSIP work plans and ensure that revisions are made based on comments from CRS Uganda.
· Undertake financial documentation and reporting in line with the project agreement
· Actively participate in all UCSIP Meetings and Workshops and support UCSIP with sourcing external consultants as needed
· Take a proactive role in ensuring that clear communication channels exist between and among CSO Network members and CRS Uganda, with regard to implementation of the project.
· Support CSO network involvement in planning supplemental immunization activities. Participate in monthly conference calls with the global project team
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting:
· Monitor activities through regular site visits and joint meetings with CSO members and Secretariat staff.
· Support CSO network in following timely submission of monthly, quarterly and annual financial and programmatic progress reports
· Carry out frequent information exchanges with the CSO network members, other Immunization implementing NGOs, Ministry of Health and CRS Uganda regarding implementation progress.
· Document lessons learnt from ongoing project implementation, case studies and undertake research activities as appropriate to ensure project achievements are well captured and disseminated.
· Act as UCSIP Focal Point for the CSO Network and represent UCSIP in relevant meetings with development partners, donors, other implementing agencies, auditors and external consultants.
· Develop constructive relationships with relevant government offices, development partners, other key implementing agencies
· Ensure UCSIP’s inclusion in key stakeholder meetings through networking and advocacy Undertake any additional duties as needed and/ or specified by the UCSIP Steering Committee.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or relevant field with minimum of five years relevant experience OR Masters in Public Health or relevant field with minimum of three years experience in public health program design, management and coordination
· Broad knowledge and previous experience with immunization, community mobilization, civil society strengthening, and health advocacy programs and policies
· Prior exposure and experience working in consortia with other NGOs (local and international) and liaising with relevant Government of Uganda ministries.
· Ability to develop and maintain effective collaboration and interpersonal relationships with stakeholders and partners
· Strong representation/advocacy experience and ability
· Excellent organizational skills to plan, design, implement, monitor, evaluate and report on health unit and integrated projects
· Good written and verbal skills; fluent in English
· Previous experience in developing budgets and reviewing finance reports
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter, updated CV and three work references (names and contact information only) to email@example.com
Deadline: 16th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline