Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
WaterAid’s Vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, hygiene and sanitation in the world’s poorest communities, WaterAid works with partners to maximize its impacts for policy change/influence. WaterAid works through supporting local organizations and government authorities to design low cost sustainable projects using appropriate and affordable technologies that can be managed by the community itself. WaterAid also seeks to influence the policy change through government and other key international organizations to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
Job Summary: The Communications and Media Relationships Manager will be charged with Media, Public Communication, Documentation and Dissemination of WaterAid Uganda’s best operating practices, key learnings and development to enhance visibility, amongst the development sector and to the WASH partners (both governmental and civil society organizations). The incumbent will drive the country programmes’s communication strategy and maintain close relationship with stakeholders and other organizations to raise the profile of WASH through generating public support and its WASH interest for its WASH agenda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Proactively and creatively promoting the vision of WaterAid through raising Wate and its partner’s visibility
· The Communications and Media Relationships Manager will develop regular newsletters for WAU and sector related activities and manage updates both locally and internationally.
· Provide the overall communications support for the program and translate strategic goals and vision into useful and powerful messages that will speak to stakeholders about improving WASH access to poor communities
· The incumbent will develop the communications work plans and budget. This will include the development of events calendar that targets strategic groups, organizations and media.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the WaterAid Communications and Media Relationships Manager job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Mass communication, marketing, journalism or related area.
· At least six years’ experience in communications or media advocacy related work in the development sector
· Previous exposure and experience in conducting communications campaigns and capacity building efforts in Uganda
· Prior website management experience
· Skilled and experience in building and managing relationships with key stakeholders
· Proven experience in mobilisation and public speaking
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs and motivation letters to: WAUrecruitment@wateraid.org including three work related referees. Emails should not exceed 2MB.
NB: In order to apply for this role, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Uganda.
Deadline: 16th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline