Job Title: Climate Change Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Programmes
WaterAid’s Vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, hygiene and sanitation in the world’s poorest communities, WaterAid works with partners to maximize its impacts for policy change/influence. WaterAid works through supporting local organizations and government authorities to design low cost sustainable projects using appropriate and affordable technologies that can be managed by the community itself. WaterAid also seeks to influence the policy change through government and other key international organizations to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
Job Summary: The Climate Change Manager will mainly catalyse the mainstreaming of climate change adaptation into WaterAid Uganda’s (WAU’s) work through capacity building and provision of technical advice. The jobholder will provide strategic advice to projects and programmes on developing frameworks, strategies and tools, disseminating learning including case studies and working with projects to develop strategies and plans for mainstreaming. The incumbent will also work closely with the relevant government entities, public and private stakeholders and internal directorates to support the development of projects and practices that ensure interests relating to climate change and the environment are protected and improved.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Take lead in the implementation of the Climate Change and Environmental management programs across WAU
· Regularly monitor and disseminate emerging best practice on climate change strategies, relevant research developments, particularly as they affect or address biodiversity, ecosystems and vulnerable people and their livelihoods in key areas.
· The incumbent will identify the needs for Climate change related capacity development of partners and build their capacity in climate change and environmental matters
· Actively participate in joint climate change and environmental partnership projects with other Agencies, tertiary and non-government organisations to achieve sound climate change and environmental management outcomes
· Work closely with the Government and Non-Government bodies and organisations in relation to waste management and environmental matters
· The incumbent will identify opportunities for innovative Climate change and environmental projects.
· Work in liaison with partners and donors to ensure robust monitoring and evaluation indicators are fully embedded
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the WaterAid Climate Change Manager job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s degree in business Administration or qualification in Economics, public policy, political science, social sciences, law or related field
· At least six years of relevant experience
· Previous experience in climate change issues, particularly with regard to mitigation actions and transparency.
· Ability to work with a wide variety of actors, including policymakers, representatives of government, business and the non-governmental community.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs and motivation letters to: WAUrecruitment@wateraid.org including three work related referees. Emails should not exceed 2MB.
NB: In order to apply for this role, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Uganda.
Deadline: 16th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline