Job Title: Civil Supervisor
Organisation: Future Options Consulting Ltd
Duty Station: Uganda
Future Options Consulting Ltd is an online recruitment services which now seeks to recruit on behalf of its valued Client, an international energy business with a portfolio of hydropower investments in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Civil Supervisor will manage the delivery of the Project and manage the delivery and performance of the civil works of the EPC contractor.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supervision of the field civil works that meet Project and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements
· Regularly monitor and oversee the progress of the civil works ensuring that they are completed in a safe manner, within budget, on time and to the required technical and quality specifications and standards.
· Ensure the timely delivery of the review of the civil engineering documentation (such as drawings, material specifications, testing plans and procedures, geotechnical hydraulic reports, topography, specifications, calculations, equipment lists, vendor packages) delivered by third parties to the appropriate professional standards and project requirements, identifying and explaining any deficiencies and risks
· Keenly review the civil engineering constructability design/method statements, and respond to technical design and engineering challenges, providing troubleshooting solutions.
· Review the need and advise on potential variances or deviation; technical and program impacts.
· Actively participate in relevant project meetings and audits, and provide inputs for the reports and follow required checking procedures.
· Provide inputs for review of contractor payment applications, comparing progress against the overall project budget and the contract bill of quantities.
· Offer timely technical and engineering support to the Owner’s Engineer team or other third party contractor or consultant appointed by the Company.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a reputable institution, relevant certificates are a plus.
· A minimum of eight to ten years of civil supervisor experience.
· At least five years’ experience in hydropower engineering or construction.
· Previous experience as a contractor and/or owner is preferred.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and orally.
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Microsoft Project
· Previous experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa is a strong preference.
· A hands-on and proactive attitude towards construction issues and problem solving.
· Must be honest, a self-starter, with the ability to take responsibility for their own work, open to creativity.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications with updated curriculum vita including contacts of three professional referees to: The Director, Future Options Consulting Ltd, 4th Floor, Diamond Trust Building, Kampala Road, P.O. Box 34934, Kampala, Uganda via email to: email@example.com
NB: Please include the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
Deadline: 24th November 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline