Job Title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Organization: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Board
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank's regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will be responsible for the overall management of the institution including providing clear leadership and direction to the institution, ensuring solid operating and financial performance, recruiting and developing talent needed to accomplish high performance standards and overseeing new operating systems and procedures. The incumbent will have the primary responsibility for achieving growth strategy and for positioning UGAFODE Microfinance Institution as a leading provider of high quality services and a preferred institution in the provision of services that yield improved income in every household served. This will include assuming leadership in four key areas:-
· Overall management and governance;
· Strategic planning and business development;
· Human resource and talent development;
· Communication and external stakeholder relations
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree in Finance or business or a related field
· A minimum of ten years of direct experience in financial services, at least 3 of which should have been at senior management level in retail banking or similar financial services company
· Wide knowledge of micro banking products, including loans, money transfers and savings.
· Significant experience in raising deposits as well as experience of using channels and technology to drive business
· Broad knowledge in Banking and Micro Deposit regulations, business law, employment and labor law, microfinance operating policies and procedures.
· Demonstrated experience leading and building cohesive, high performing teams
· Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
· Ability to delegate effectively amongst teams and show commitment to the long-term development of the management team through coaching and mentoring
· High level of integrity and commitment to excellence and the institution’s social mission and corporate values.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications which should include a cover letter and an up-to-date detailed CV, certified copies of complete academic transcripts and professional certificates. Your applications should include names of three professional referees and a day-time telephone contact. Send them to:
Head of Human Resources,
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI),
Silva Arcade, Plot 62 Bombo Road,
P.O. Box 30815, Kampala. Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 2nd December, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline